Full-Time EDP Systems Analyst I
POSITION: Full-Time EDP Systems Analyst I: EDP Systems Analyst I; IT and AV Client Services; Lawrence Campus (45 Franklin Street); 37.5 hours/week; AFSCME Unit I Position
SUMMARY: This position will aid faculty, students and staff in the areas of educational audiovisual and information technology. The position assumes responsibility for setting up, operating, troubleshooting and maintaining instructional technology and content-delivery systems. Travel between campuses, weekend hours, holiday hours and/or various start and end times may apply depending on service demand and coverage needs.
This position will configure, install, maintain, upgrade and manage computer hardware and peripherals; recommend and implement improvements to the computer inventory on campus to meet current and future business requirements. Maintain IT equipment purchasing documentation. This position will help support end users via Service Desk phone, email, Service Desk ticketing application and in person/desktop support. The successful candidate will have experience with full range of PC technology, Windows 7, 10, Active Directory (AD), managing AD accounts, a working knowledge of O365, VPN. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work alone with minimal direction, and prioritize requests from multiple people. Candidate must exhibit excellent customer service, communication, problem solving skills.
Additional responsibilities related to this position may include assisting in the daily operations of the following: general maintenance, diagnosing, repairing PC hardware and software problems for NECC computers as well as basic support for other IT systems such as telephones, printers, copiers and any other IT equipment.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain IT hardware inventory database of all IT assets including but not limited to PCs, Laptops, network switches, firewalls, servers, etc. Participate in yearly inventory audit checks and/or as needed.
- Obtain product quotes from vendors on behalf of end users. Process requisitions, track and manage all IT purchases for the college.
- Responsible for receiving, staging, and tracking IT equipment and tools. Coordinate delivery of new IT equipment to end users.
- Test and evaluate new products when needed.
- Participate in preventive maintenance of systems including loading software patches, perform operating system upgrades, etc.
- Handle inquiries from students, faculty and staff on computer or IT related questions.
- Provide technical support to customers via E-Mail and Service Desk phone queue, ticketing system, using remote software, and on site for the entire college community.
- Research computer-related issues, such as computer viruses, and report to IT management.
- Create, update, and maintain technical and user documentation. Produce documentation on problems encountered, information bulletins, and user support handouts and directives.
- Assist in the training of new staff, co-op students, and work-study students.
- Assist at other campuses when necessary.
- Supervise use of all computer equipment on campus and enforce rules and security policies.
- Constantly strive to improve technical and customer service skills.
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. Must value different ideas and opinions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specspers/EDP Systems Analyst.doc
- Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in electronic data processing work the major duties of which included computer programming and/or computer systems analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
- An Associate's degree with a major in the field of data processing or computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
- II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in the field of data processing or computer and/or information science may be substituted for the required experience.*
- III. A diploma for completion of a two year full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or vocational/technical school above the high school level with a major in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
- IV. An official transcript from a recognized business or vocational/ technical school as evidence of completion of a program consisting of at least 650 hours of instruction in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
- V. Graduation from the data processing course of a recognized vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
*Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details.
- Must be able to lead a small team of peers.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. Some twisting and turning with equipment install and inventory process.
- Must be able to learn and understand MA state rules, regulations, and guidelines for procuring goods.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population
: Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
$2,242.56 - $3,186.69 biweekly ($58,306.56 - $82,853.94 annually). Pay grade 19; An appointment from outside the bargaining unit (AFSCME) must start at Step I of the range. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.ANTICIPATED START DATE
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover Letter, describing your qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ firstname.lastname@example.org), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/cleryTo apply, click HERE
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.