Fund Accounting Manager We are a national Commercial Real Estate firm that has a very extensive portfolio . As we continue to grow we find ourselves in need of a Fund Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for the day to day accounting and quality of deliverables of our company's close-ended and open-ended funds and is responsible for the integrity and timeliness of the fund(s) financial close and financial and investor reporting with respect to GAAP, company policies and contractual agreements. This individual is a hands-on, experienced, proactive accounting leader who fosters a sense of ownership, adaptability and accountability. The key responsibility of this job is maintaining investor documents and fund financial knowledge and serve as the lead contact for investor requests. This role will start as a hybrid role where you will need to come into our offices to learn our processes. But in the future this could be a primarily remote role .
What You Will Be Doing - Read, interpret and summarize complex legal documents, including partnership documents and lender agreements.
- Support Fund/Asset Management team in ensuring fund reporting is in compliance with partnership agreements; including an understanding of key deal terms and influence on reporting.
- Support Fund/Asset Management in understanding the consolidated financial results through analysis and preparation of variance analysis.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all investor notices re: capital calls/distributions, including the ILPA template, if required
- Maintain Investor capital accounts
- Preparation of waterfall and carried interest calculations.
- Manage fund level cash flow needs, including cash available for distribution to investors, as needed
- Assist Fund/Asset Management team with Advisory/AGM/AIP schedules and materials, as needed
- Respond to all investor ad hoc requests timely
Directly responsible for the financial statement close of fund related entities and consolidated results.
- Oversee the monthly close for all non-property entities within the Fund structure and ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion of consolidated results.
- Analysis of the inter-company transactions for related party footnote.
- Validate accuracy of asset management and incentive fees.
- Validate accuracy of foreign exchange entries.
- Ensure optimization of shareholder loan.
- Preparation of consolidated balance sheet review packages.
- Understanding of real estate valuations recorded quarterly and reason for valuation adjustments.
- Understanding of deal transactions and impact to fund valuation model and financial reporting.
- Own and document policies and procedures related to fund accounting function and associated internal controls. Ensure financial information is maintained in accordance with GAAP and the company's policies and procedures.
- Directly responsible for overseeing the completion of quarterly and annual compliance reporting.
- Oversee drafting of the consolidated financial statements for the fund(s) and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Oversee drafting and ensure accuracy of fund investor report(s), including support for all schedules.
- Ensure accuracy of NAV and unit share price calculations.
- Responsible for fund level debt compliance, including average interest rate calculation for reporting.
- Oversee completion of quarterly investor questionnaires and ad-hoc special requests.
- Preparation of PBC workpapers for interim and annual audit and tax compliance.
- Create and update annual budgets/reforecasts for all non-property entities.
- Be a resource to the Fund Controller.
- Proactively communicate significant issues to the Controller and assist in communicating with the business partners.
- Assist is developing more efficient and/or effective ways to organize, deliver or consolidate work products and develop best practices including automation of reporting and analysis of financial results.
- Assist in communicating and carrying out the department strategy.
- Support business team and internal customers including asset management, tax, capital markets and others and proactively develop an effective relationship by meeting regularly to deliver financial results.
What You Need for this Position - 4-7 years private equity fund accounting experience, including working with institutional investors
- Real estate experience preferred
- Public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- MBA and/or CPA is preferred.
So, if you are a Fund Accounting Manager that lives in the Annapolis marketplace and is looking for a great new position, this is the one, and we would love to talk.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our