Provide strategic direction and operational support to meet the established goals for a large to mega sized warehouse which carries a broad scope of responsibilities and complexity. Operate facility while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, recruit, train, develop, and provide performance feedback to direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Achieve company performance goals including internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as Labor to Revenue (LTR), truck turn times, and customer service standards
- Review and analyze all warehouse activities and costs to drive process improvement
- Collaborate with Sales Manager in marketing and sales efforts, including planning new account strategies, prospecting new accounts, sales calls, developing and quoting rates, negotiating contracts, and closing sales
- Establish and ensure facilities have excellent focus on customer service and client relationships
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Monitor and control budgets, capital expenditures, material handling equipment and space utilization to meet corporate targets
- Facilitate and support initiatives that ensure the proper receipt, storage, handling, and/or distribution of food to exceed Lineage safety and food quality standards as well as employee health and safety
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 years' Operations Management experience in Supply Chain or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in development and implementation of strategy/annual plans (budget, operational performance, SOPs, workshops, etc.), and bottom-line cost/efficiency management
- Experience with continuous improvement quality processes such as Six Sigma and/or LEAN
- Experience managing, training, and developing people in operation roles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated Experience working with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to lead discussions, make presentations and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs./18kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit workplace discrimination and unlawful harassment and retaliation. Lineage will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other protected status under federal, state and local law.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days
This job has expired.