Do you have expertise in, and interest in for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
We are seeking a Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) supporting our Breast Cancer Franchise, to join us at one of our dynamic sites in either the greater DC Metro area in Gaithersburg MD, or Cambridge, UK! Reporting to the Head of Breast Cancer, the GMAL will play a key role in the development of medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support the launch and lifecycle management globally for the Breast Cancer DDR program. This position will have specific ownership of key strategic elements of the medical plans, for complex, large/multiple indications or have full responsibility for the medical plan single indication.
What You'll Do:
Working on the development and delivery of key elements of the global medical tactical plan, the main tasks of the GMAL include:
- Work autonomously, managing multiple projects and tasks and parts of the brand budget.
- Engages across functions and markets at a peer level viewed as enablers for key senior stakeholders
- Work together with Senior GMALs to deliver evidence strategy including ESR strategy
- Partners with Sr GMAL to operationalize Expanded Access Program (EAP) strategy
- Serve as Strategic Lead for Advisory boards including developing a strategic plan for ad boards, shaping the agendas, and working collaboratively to ensure the right stakeholders are included in discussions
- Responsible for Key External Expert mapping activities and development of engagement plans with key internal stakeholders
- Develop an external education plan including delivery of AstraZeneca-led Symposia and other scientific exchange meeting
- Will manage and/or contribute to Global Medical Projects
- Ensures that all Medical and business activities are carried out in compliance with AZ standards, standard operating procedures and external regulations
- Minimum of Master's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent medical/scientific qualifications and/or significant industry and/or therapeutic experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in pharma/life sciences and/or medical experience (e.g. significant clinical/academic/medical affairs agency roles/organizations)
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience of multi-stakeholder management
- Ability to influence others without authority
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payer access issues
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table?
- Advanced Scientific degree preferred (PhD, PharmD)
- 3+ years in a Headquarters Medical Affairs role or Global Clinical R&D
- Oncology and Breast Cancer experience
- Country launch experience
Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours. Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.