Posted in Education and Training
Graduate Admission CoordinatorDepartment:
School of Graduate and Professional StudiesDivision:
Academic AffairsSupervisor Title:
Associate Dean, Graduate Enrollment Management and ServicesStatus:
Full Time RegularPosition Summary:
Administrative, technical, and operational support for the School of Graduate and Professional Studies team to recruit and support an academically talented and diverse student body in order to meet enrollment goals. This position is focused on the entry, processing and management of application data.
This individual serves as the first point of contact for the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. Public contact is extensive and includes students, faculty, staff and the public. A high degree of Independent judgement and creativity are required, within the scope of prescribed policies and Procedures to resolve a variety of problems.
1. Manage all incoming phone calls and general emails.
2. Welcome and manage all guests to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
3. Monitor, process, and organize admissions application materials ensuring completeness in a timely manner.
4. Insert, update, and maintain prospects, applicants, and student information in college databases.
5. Create and process admission letters and documents.
6. Take, prepare, and distribute minutes at department/college/school meetings
7. Assist with preparing and monitoring budgets and prepare statistical reports within the school/college.
8. Obtain pricing for departmental purchases, renew memberships, and subscriptions, and prepare purchase orders and reimbursements.
9. Oversee building needs and interact with custodial and maintenance staff to meet those needs; coordinate office moves, room reservations, maintain copier, printers, and other small office machines, maintain adequate supply of office supplies. Collect, sort and distribute mail.
10. Run queries and reports to audit applicant information to maintain data integrity.
11. Assist with the processing and management of data transfer between the School of Graduate and Professional Studies and departments on campus.
12. Working in collaboration with other departments including Financial Aid, Registrar, Housing and others to ensure applicants are provided with the necessary information to facilitate their matriculation into the college.
13. Assist with special projects including admission and outreach events.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities, as needed, in support of North Central College and the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
1. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan.
2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
3. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
An individual in this position must possess the proficiency, wherewithal and knowledge of principles and processes for providing high-quality service to both internal and external constituents of the College.
1. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College.
2. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
3. Ability to work both independently, and as part of a collaborative and effective team.
4. Ability to provide high-quality service to both internal and external constituents of the College.
5. Ability to effectively use technology and perform database management.
6. Ability to quickly grasp knowledge of the College organization and operation in general and the School of Graduate and Professional Studies in particular.
7. Ability to communicate in the English language, both orally and in writing, in a manner consistent with professional standards.
8. Ability to effectively manage time with a high volume of work.
The Graduate Admission Coordinator successfully moves graduate students through the enrollment funnel. This position is fully engaged with the success of all North Central College graduate students from the application process through graduation.
This position has the overall responsibility of managing the day-to-day operations of the welcome center and front desk as well as application processing and communications to support prospects, applicants, recently admitted students, and current graduate students.
Associates Degree RequiredExperience:
Minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume, fast-paced, customer service oriented industry. Excellent computer and data management skills, including all Microsoft Office products. Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills as well as organizational skills are necessary. Successful record of exercising problem-solving skills in an administrative setting.Is This a Temporary Position?:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the College's background screening process.
If you are hired, in accordance with College policy and the State of Illinois Executive Order 2021-20 "and subsequent continuations", we will require you to provide proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. Those who remain unvaccinated must participate in weekly COVID-19 testing as a condition of employment.
For more information about the College's vaccine expectation along with other helpful information regarding the College's current health and safety protocols-go to covid.northcentralcollege.edu/health
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply.Additional Information:
Posted 41 minutes ago
Posted 41 minutes ago
Posted 40 minutes ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our