Job ID: 2112186
Location: MACDILL AFB , FL , US
Date Posted: 2021-08-16
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an opportunity for a Host Based Security System Tier 1 Administrator located at MacDill AFB Tampa, FL. The HBSS Tier 1 Administrator specializing in the management and operations of a large enterprise environment in support of the USCENTCOM C4ES Program at MacDill HQ in Tampa.
The HBSS Tier 1 Administrator will perform the following activities:
- Monitor and troubleshoot system/application activity and performance.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Coordinate all work through the use of designated ticketing system in use by the command.
- At the direction of the Server Maintenance Support - Application Services Support lead, coordinate routine as well as project based software or hardware preventive maintenance and upgrades while adhering to the USCENTCOM Change Management Process.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Server Maintenance Support leadership.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years systems administration experience; OR High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience using Host Based Security Systems.
- Active Security+ certification is required.
- DISA HBSS Administration Course is required.
- Contract requires all candidates to be travel ready (with valid passport) and COVID vaccination
Additional Qualifications Recommended:
- Thorough understanding with core Microsoft Products
- Knowledge of VMware virtual environments
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.