A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As part of our eBusiness Solutions organization, you will have the opportunity to work on the leading website in the life science industry to shape the overall customer experience and support the development of our digital strategy based on insights. The Head of eCommerce Customer Research will lead a team that delivers market, customer and competitive insights that will be used to enhance the ecommerce experience and drive business value. In this influential role you will be able to advise and direct strategic decisions through your in-depth knowledge and advocacy of our customers, their behaviors and needs.
As the Head of eBusiness Customer Research you will be responsible for the development of research plans that tell a comprehensive story of the digital customer journey and identify opportunities for improvement and to address unmet needs. Your research will include, but not be limited to user experience, customer satisfaction, visitor segmentation, share of wallet, purchase and brand tracker studies. You will design, execute and socialize customer research projects. You will translate data from multiple sources (quantitative & qualitative studies, UX research, customer transaction data, and website activity) into meaningful recommendations aimed at enhancing our customer understanding and propelling digital innovation. You will measure and track customer focused KPIs to ensure progress against business objectives as well as identify new opportunity areas to explore. You will also deliver inspiring executive level communications and presentations to secure investments in our customer experience.
This role can be located in St. Louis, MO, Burlington, MA or remote.
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience leading customer research with a focus on eCommerce experiences and product and service purchase journeys including study development, analyzing & summarizing data, deriving insights and presenting findings.
- 5+ years working with web analytics, site intercept surveys, panel surveys and other insight tools
What we offer:
- Experience assessing, negotiating, and managing customer research vendors, including international sourcing, quantitative, and UX partners
- Skilled at developing and executing customer research plans, deriving insights and translating them into actionable next steps
- Advocate for functional expertise, able to appropriately set internal client expectations
- Experience with statistical analysis including statistical & data analysis tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Tableau or similar
- Demonstrated expertise in online user experience tools and technologies
- Proven ability to think strategically and use insights to influence strategy
- Ability to influence through clear and compelling written and oral presentations, storytelling
- Proven ability to use data to make decisions and drive consensus
- Team player and self-starter with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration across functions and locations, building relationships globally, seeking and creating alignment
- Decisive in the face of ambiguity; nimble response to challenging decisions
- Assertive with the ability to speak on behalf of the customer
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214611
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.