Martin Mariettais currently looking for a prompt, hard working individual to join our rock solid team at our Fairfield Sand and Gravel location. This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and help withplant maintenance, production and equipment operation.
- Assist in plant operations including production, quality control, loading and shipping
- Assist with preventative and routine maintenance on mobile and plant equipment
- Must be willing to cross train in all plant areas
- Learn to operate plant-specific mobile equipment
- Perform daily pre/post-shift inspections on equipment and maintain maintenance log
- Maintain good housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
This job operates 100% of the time at a surface sand and gravel mine setting. This role frequently operates heavy equipment.
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.Physical Requirements
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lb
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions
- Must be able to work at various heights
This is a full-time position that regularly requires long hours and weekend work.Minimum Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience is a plus but will train the right candidate
Martin Marietta Benefits Start on Your First Day!
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Welding/Maintenance experience
- Medical (BCBS)
- Company Matched 401K
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- And much more!
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.