ECS is seeking a Help Desk Systems Engineer to work in our Hanover, MD office.
This position supports the Defense Counterintelligence & Security Agency's National Background Investigation Services (NBIS) Program in Hanover, MD. ECS seeks a Tier II Systems Engineer to support our NBIS customer in troubleshooting and resolving applications and systems issues, and conducting scheduled systems maintenance, patching and authorized service interruptions (ASIs) for applications and systems hosted in an AWS GovCloud environment. This position may support AWS EC2 instances and AWS S3, such as Linux and Windows Server virtual machines (VMs), RDS PostgreSQL Databases, docker containers, Active Directory, and DoD enterprise software applications hosted in AWS GovCloud. This position may apply system/software updates and security patches, monitor and report on system status. The position may monitor tickets, resolve issues, escalate unresolved issues to and work closely with a team of architects, software developers, and engineers to recommend enhancements and solutions that effectively meets the customer's business needs, security, and service level requirements.
- Daily monitoring (ServiceNow / AWS CloudWatch / Nagios / ElasticSearch Dashboards)
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Troubleshooting, patching and system maintenance
- Updating the knowledge management environment
- Provide daily metrics on system utilization, availability, performance, reliability, and latency
- Provide weekly metrics on incidents, and problems (i.e., login errors, website errors and domain services)
- Develop tactics, Techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- B.S. Degree in a STEM Discipline
- 5+ years of practical experience.
- DoD IAT 8570 Level II Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security)
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (AWS, RHEL 7.x, or Windows Server 2016/2019) or five years' experience of hands-on experience on AWS and/or RHEL, Windows Server
- Work experience in RHEL server system administration
- Work experience in Windows server system administration
- Work experience with WebLogic server
- Work experience using ServiceNow IT Service Management
- Work experience using NetOps monitoring tools, such as AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, ElasticSearch and AppDynamics
- Work experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure
- Work experience with deploying, operating, and maintaining cloud-based Linux, Windows Server and/or container workloads
- Work experience with Kubernetes, Fargate and other container orchestration tools
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.