*Note: This position is rotating days, weekends, evenings, flexible depending on candidate availability. 32 hour weekly position also possible.
Under the general direction of Senior Project Manager, the Home Hospital Patient Services Coordinator will function as a key member of the Home Hospital team. S/he will work with providers, care teams, and directly with patients and families to coordinate screening and enrollment into the Home Hospital Program, a novel program designed to treat acutely ill patients in their home. The Home Hospital Patient Services Coordinator will play an essential role in the coordination of patient care, with an emphasis placed on efficient and exemplary service. The Home Hospital Patient Services Coordinator is expected to effectively organize priorities, complete tasks proactively, manage confidential patient information, and work efficiently and effectively with the hospital and Home Hospital care teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate patient screening and enrollment into the home hospital program
- Work with Home Hospital providers to screen eligible patients using Epic EHR
- Attend multidisciplinary rounds for assigned teams
- Interact with patients and families
- Coordinate patient enrollment with Inpatient or Emergency Department care team, outpatient providers, and Home Hospital team
- Communicate with patients, families, and Case Management to arrange for transport home from the hospital
- Maintain Home Hospital schedule for pre-approved admissions
- Accurately enter data on Home Hospital referrals into Red Cap database
- Develop and disseminate patient materials such as brochures, videos, and handouts
- Coordinate with aspects of home care with the Home Hospital team, including home visits, supplies/equipment, transportation to appointments, and team communication
- Assist with prior authorizations
- Participate in huddle calls with the clinical care team
- Submit monthly physician payments
- Manage group pager
- Enter notes into EPIC when appropriate
- Maintain the Home Hospital EPIC census
- Manage and complete patient experience calls
- Support the Senior Project Manager with reviewing invoices for accuracy
Qualifications Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required:
- Strategize with Home Hospital care teams around process improvements for the Home Hospital Program
- Leverage interpreter phone on a pole (IPOP) technology to communicate with patients and families who do not speak English
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy consistent with HIPAA guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with Operations Associates, Resource Nurses, members of care team, admitting team and units
- Respond promptly to all pages, phone calls, and emails
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the MGH Mission, Credo and Boundaries, and to Patient Care Services vision in creating a welcoming and professional environment.
- Ability to engage with a diverse population of patients, families, visitors, providers, and colleagues
- Prioritizes work in a dynamic, high-volume and fast-paced innovative environment
- Computer savvy with strong ability to learn and navigate multiple systems
- Knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Identifies trends and opportunities for improvement
- Provides highest quality in all aspects of work; detail-oriented with the ability to enter information into the system accurately
- Effectively prioritizes work, multi-tasks and endeavors to complete all work on time
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands and needs of the program
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Prior administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Prior healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with EPIC a plus.
- Hospital setting.
- This position requires the incumbent to stand and walk as they move within and between several floors of the hospital.
- Will require evening and weekend rotations
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.