American Foods Group has a unique opportunity for a Human Resources Director to join the plant build team for our new AFG manufacturing facility in Warren County, Missouri.
This role will support the new plant build team and will transition into the Human Resource Director position for the plant. As HR lead, you will partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy as it relates to the building and staffing of a new state-of-the-art beef processing plant west of St. Louis, MO. The focus will be on working with corporate HR to stand up the HR function for the new plant, and then building and executing HR Strategies related to staffing and training plan for the plant as it ramps up to 1300+ person facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategically deliver all necessary HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the plant's business strategy and AFG's Human Resources strategy. Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor, and counselor for the plant leadership team.
- Effectively manage, communicate, and build relationships with a culturally diverse workforce from plant hourly associates through the plant supervisory and management team. This relationship needs to be built on significant manufacturing floor presence by the Human Resources team. As part of this relationship, partner with supervisors/managers in handling conflict resolution, corrective and disciplinary actions as well as assist in conducting workplace investigations. Follow "open door" policy. Facilitate communications between English and Spanish speaking employees, both verbal and written.
- Partner with all levels of plant leadership to focus on employee engagement and retention efforts. Be an internal champion for maintaining a plant team effort to positively affect employee turnover. Drive the talent acquisition and training/development process.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement. Coach HR staff to look for improvements in processes for both efficiency and results. Continuously review and evaluate all HR services looking for improvements in consistency, compliance, efficiency and employee retention.
- Manage and maintain legal and company compliance in all HR departmental activities including plant recruitment and hiring steps, I-9 verification, safety and health services reporting (where applicable), training programs, and various reporting requirements. Serve as general advisor on state, federal, and local employment law and government regulations. Specifically, ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as: Affirmative Action (AAPs), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc. Oversee benefits administration.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
The competencies required for this position will follow the nine competencies set forth in the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) Competency Model for HR Professionals at the Mid-Level or Senior Career Level or the Human Resource Competency Model of the HR Competency Study (HRCS) Round 7. Supervisory Responsibility
This position does have supervisory responsibility for Human Resources generalists, talent acquisition, and other HR staff working in the facility. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Formal education in Business Administration with HR emphasis or related field
- 10 plus years progressive HR experience in a production environment, preferably in manufacturing, processing or packaging with at least 2 years out of the 10 in a strategic HR role.
- Must be able to work flexible hours of work based on plant activities and needs.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally to other corporate locations or recruiting events. Travel will be much heavier during the build phase of the role due to the need to work at AFG corporate offices and existing plants
American Foods Group, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use the following HR systems: HRMS/HRIS, Recruitment & Applicant Tracking, Learning Management System, and related systems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of perspectives from leadership to production staff employees.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse persons and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement . Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. American Foods Group, LLC will not discriminate against applicants who inquire about, disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Learn more: Pay Transparency . American Foods Group, LLC participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more: E-Verify Summary
American Foods Group, LLC (AFG) is building a state-of-the-art beef processing operation in Warren County MO along interstate 70. What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package for you and your family.
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Long & Short Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
This job has expired.