As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Human Resources Specialist is a key member of the HR team and works closely with the HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to deliver HR services. The HR Specialist establishes and maintains strong working relationships with the HRBPs; HR leadership, managers and staff; and key contacts across the enterprise. They provide assistance and problem-solving services to HRBPs and business customers and effectively uses technology to analyze data and create reports as needed. The HR Specialist participates on projects and mid/large scale initiatives in support of business customers and the HR department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
HR Support (40%)
• Collaborate with HRBPs and HR management on short- and long-term projects in support of organizational redesign, administrative consolidation, market reviews, etc.
• Research and respond to data requests in support of HR team needs. Act as a PeopleSoft super user for the team.
• Partner with key stakeholders within HR to create/run reports, conduct analysis, identify key trends, and identify actionable items
• Act as Kronos Timekeeper and first-level contact for employees receiving severance or continuation pay.
• Serve as a primary subject matter expert and liaison to Shared Services groups including Benefits, Kronos, HRIS, Records, and Leaves. Resolve complex issues that span multiple departments.
• Provide PeopleSoft assistance for new managers. Assist HR and managers with transaction processing as required.
• Suggest interventions and solutions to improve team processes, effectiveness or efficiencies.
Employee Relations and Performance Management (30%)
• Serve as a primary contact person for HR Support Center staff to assist with and triage escalated employee requests and issues.
• May act on behalf of HRBPs in less complex employee relations and corrective action situations.
• Assist with the develop and maintenance of job descriptions.
• Manage the exit process for voluntary and involuntary terminations, including the job elimination process. May participate in termination meetings with affected employees.
• Conduct exit interviews, manage exit survey process, identify trends and themes, and report results to HRBPs.
• Conduct 6-month check-ins with new employees. Identify trends and themes and report results to HRBPs.
Policies, Procedures and Practices (25%)
• Assist Director and HR Operations staff with the development and maintenance of Mass General Brigham Central content for the HR Portal. Review and analyze usage metrics and propose improvements to better meet customer needs.
• Manage religious exemption process for influenza vaccinations and support the POI exemption process.
• Assist with the development and updating of Mass General Brigham HR policies.
• Provide first level policy guidance to managers and staff.
• Develop and present policy overviews to management level staff to address known or discovered knowledge gaps in the organization or in response to a need in a particular area.
• May participate in internal or cross-enterprise committees and workgroups.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
• 1-3 years related experience in the human resources field.
• Good understanding of current state/federal employment laws and the organizational policies and procedures required to meet them.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency with PeopleSoft or similar system preferred.
• Experience with Tableau or other business intelligence/data visualization software a plus.
• PHR, SHRM-CP, or other HR certification a plus.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• • Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to build and maintain successful, collaborative relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and have the ability to influence outcomes.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills. Ability to resolve, manage, and communicate complex issues to all levels.
• Ability to independently seek out information and resources required to meet goals.
• Effective operating in a collaborative, matrixed environment undergoing significant change.
• Strong data and analysis skills, using Excel and other data tools.
• Ability to learn PeopleSoft, Tableau, SharePoint and other related tools.
• Ability to set and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to take appropriate initiative and understand when to escalate issues.
• Accountable for delivering high quality work. Act with a clear sense of ownership.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization.
• Build strong customer relationships - internally and externally - and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
• Use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago