JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Import Manager oversees the air and ocean import processes and ensures CHB compliance in accordance with U.S. and foreign government laws and regulations. This position is responsible for completion of all documents and transactions in an accurate and timely manner. This position serves as a liaison between the Branch Manager, Corporate Office and branch employees to ensure streamlined end-to-end processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and maintain workflow within the department.
- Manage reports provided by the branch manager or corporate office (accounting/POD's/ KPI's etc).
- File FMC's to Air and/or Ocean teams and check existing rates in place for validity.
- Assist sales with rates and transportation options.
- Meeting with truck vendors, NVOCC representatives, shipping lines to address any issues or to discuss future business.
- Instruct overseas agents of shipping procedures for customers.
- Assist Import staff with any shipment issues they might have..
- Meet with customers as needed.
- Complete shipments in accordance to the defined business process management guidelines.
The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise one or more employees.
- The Import Manager directs the work assignments of the Import Specialists.
- Conduct performance evaluations for all direct reports on an annual basis.
- Recommend employee hiring, promoting and termination decisions.
- Identify and successfully resolve personnel issues.
- Assist and guide staff in addressing and resolving customer concerns.
- Provide training and guidance to staff members, to further develop skill levels.
- Review the time and attendance of staff utilizing Company time tracking system.
- Ensure the business processes are implemented according to Company guidelines.
- Provide back up for the department during times of employee absence and/or increased business.
- •Excellent organizational skills
- •Excellent problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to effectively work on a team and independently
- Solid knowledge of all customs laws, practices and procedures
- Good working knowledge of FDA & OGA transactions
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and managers
- High School diploma or GED
- Brokerage license preferred
- 4-7 years Import experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of freight forwarding
- Prior experience in a global environment preferred
- Customer services experience required
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.