JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
To assist in the processing and handling of air and ocean import shipments for our customers, ensuring the highest quality standards and providing service solutions meeting or exceeding our customer's requirements. Will also oversee the CHB process and ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign government laws and regulations, as well as JAS Forwarding operating procedures. This position is responsible for the completion of all CHB transactions and OGA in a timely manner.
- Receive and track customer bookings/orders. Send shipping instructions overseas according to customer instructions or established SOP's.
- Notify customer of arrival and charges. This must apply to any delay notices and Customs/Exam holds. Applicable charges for any holds must also be advised to the necessary party concerned immediately after we receive our notification.
- Follow the guidelines specified by the company's business process team.
- Process Customs Entries, i.e. classify invoice, file RLF entries, enter electronic invoices.
- Own the process for FDA related entries.
- Review and prepare documentation with accuracy on every detail and aspect, not limited to but including Customs classification, I.T. number, commercial invoices, details, etc.
- Transmit information to ABI, verify results and make corrections if necessary, monitoring the release of customs and also any OGA as may apply (USDA, FCC, DOT... etc.).
- Check Customs release details and ensure any discrepancies are handled properly.
- Transmit payment of Customs duties as needed.
- Manage exceptions with involved parties and customer.
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence.
- Coordination of entry and break bulk shipments.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
- Answer all customer requests in accordance with our company standards and guidelines.
- Monitor closely any shipments moving on an I.T. and provide release, payment and delivery instructions within the allotted free time.
- Collect any COD monies owed before arranging delivery to the customer.
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions.
- Ensure highest level of data quality by processing the shipment accurately.
- Provide accurate job costing forecast - Ensure all payables, receivables and accruals are set and properly managed per company rules and guidelines.
- Work with vendors and overseas offices to dispute any incorrect payables at the earliest opportunity to maintain accurate accounting.
- Bill/Invoice each file to the respective customers paying close attention to payment terms for the responsible party.
- Assure that Original Bill of Lading requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Dispatch freight for delivery, maintaining communication with trucker throughout delivery.
- Confirm POD for each shipment and updating our system with POD information.
- Update Track and Trace proprietary applications.
- Assist Sales, Department Manager and Colleagues in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Assure that file contains all necessary documents as set by company standards and filed promptly in appropriate location.
- Other duties as requested.
- Provide input to the Import Manager for employee performance evaluations.
- Recommend employee hiring, terminations and promotions.
- Identify and resolve personnel issues.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring of staff to develop skills to optimum levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- •Excellent organizational skills.
- •Excellent problem solving skills.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to effectively work on a team and independently.
- Solid knowledge of all customs laws, practices and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of FDA & OGA transactions.
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others.
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and managers.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 4-6 years experience in imports or combination of education and expertise.
- Experience and knowledge regarding import entry procedures, compliance, rules and regulations.
- FDA Experience is required.
- Knowledge of ISF & ISF procedures.
- Knowledge of POA & FPOA entry processes.
- Good working knowledge of FDA & OGA transactions.
- Knowledge of requirements related to Lacey Act & PPQ form 505.
- Knowledge of TIB / CARNETS.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
Follow the Company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
DEFINITIONS: (if any abbreviation, the meaning needs to be inserted)Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.