Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at
Perform tasks and duties related to the preparation, setup, coating of customer hardware. The successful candidate will ensure safety and housekeeping procedures are followed and met.
- Perform Operation Technician I duties as directed by the Production Team Leader or Cell Leader.
- Visually inspect part prior to and at logical intervals during the incoming and degrease process for any damage problems. These conditions may include cracks, dents, contamination, and other conditions per job instructions and SOP. Take initiative and action to correct any problem condition found.
- Responsible for the loading and unloading of the customer's part from machines or part handling equipment.
- Grit blast customer parts per the job instructions and SOP.
- Demask customer's part after coating application and prior to sending on to next operation.
- Responsible for the daily operation and upkeep of their equipment and machinery. This will include but not be limited to cleaning of the equipment and surrounding area, recognizing faulty equipment operation by sight or sound, and adjusting or minor repairs as required. The faulty operation must be communicated to their Team Leader, Business Unit Manager, or Product Line Technician in a timely fashion to ensure equipment is fully checked out and maintained in a safe manner.
- Assist maintenance in the troubleshooting and correction of equipment malfunctions or repairs. Also assist maintenance personnel in the preventative maintenance tasks of the equipment.
- Document necessary data and details on job routers and fill in required signoffs.
- Document non-conforming conditions by completing an NCR form and forward information to their Team Leader, or Business Unit Manager.
- Assist team leaders and team members in application development efforts.
- Other Duties Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to read, comprehend and understand work instructions as well as technical specifications
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Must be physically able to lift up to 40 lbs., stand 8hrs or sit 8hrs, with or without accommodation
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation, occasional stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Working extended hours and/or weekends and holidays may be required
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individua
l who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.