The Department of Pathology is seeking an Informatics Specialist to be responsible for promoting improvements in health care informatics through the use of electronic health information including, but not limited to, the evaluation and delivery of tools to optimize the acquisition, storage, retrieval and use of electronic health information. Collaborates with clinicians, faculty, staff and other customers for the implementation, development and support of the Department of Pathology Laboratory Information System(s) and the suite of LIS products within the DeGowin Blood Center with an emphasis on Blood Bank and TCT initiatives. Works collaboratively with the Pathology Quality Manager and with the designated Pathology Quality Engineers to ensure that LIS functionality meets established standards and regulations specified by FDA, AABB, CAP, CLIA and Joint Commission. This position is 100% time, typically 8 hour shifts Monday- Friday between 0700 and 1630. May require rare occurrences of weekend attendance during go-live/upgrades to systems.
Duties to include:
- Translation of Clinical Practice into Electronic Health Information.
- System design and testing.
- Education, training, and support.
- Compliance and Quality.
For a full job description, please send an e-mail to the contact listed below.
The Department of Pathology is part of UI Health Care, a comprehensive health sciences center that serves Iowa and the region, as well as patients referred from the United States and overseas. The Clinical Laboratories are well recognized for providing outstanding and comprehensive care to the patients we serve. The breadth and depth of services provided are amongst the best in the country. The educational programs that the department participates in includes medical students, clinical laboratory scientists as well as biomedical scientists. To learn more: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/pathology/about-usRequired Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Clinical Laboratory Science or an equivalent combination of education and clinical laboratory related experience.
- 3-5 years clinical laboratory experience, including 1-3 years Blood Bank experience within the last 5 years.
- Basic awareness of Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB, and College of American Pathologists (CAP) regulations and standards as they relate to blood banks and transfusion services.
- Professional certification such as a MLS, MLT, MT, through the American Society of Clinical Pathology is required.
- Previous experience working with Laboratory Information Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with technical and non-technical staff.
- Must be proficient in computer software applications with specific knowledge of MS office tools.
Position and Application details:
- Previous experience with Safetrace TX (STTx), El Dorado Donor and/or Blood Track software is highly desired.
- Previous experience with software validation and implementation is highly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and skills shown by successfully leading teams/groups in projects, work assignments, policy updates, etc.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission:
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Brenda Carey by email at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Informatics Specialist
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
- Pay Level: 5A
- Starting Salary Minimum: $51,693
- Starting Salary Maximum: to Commensurate
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Brenda Carey
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org