- Supervise the day-to-day running of VCA's Security Operations Center
- Develop and support strategic plans and projects to meet Security and SOC goals and objectives.
- Drive strategy and projects that increase the overall growth and maturity of the cybersecurity operations program
- Supervise and lead a team of cybersecurity professionals to include holding regular meetings to review initiatives, team goals and issues
- Develop, document, and administer processes, procedures, and guidelines in support of the duties and responsibilities of the team to enhance the capability of the cybersecurity operations program
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, escalating, and responding to cyber security attacks using SIEM and EDR technologies
- Drive and develop use-case and proactive alert maturity in SIEM
- Develop reporting of Key Performance Indictors for Executive Oversight of threats and incidents, including incident response SLAs
- Ensures that Service Level Agreements are defined, tracked and met
- Fulfill other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline from an accredited university
- 7+ years' experience in IT or professional industry, 5+ years in a leadership role, with experience managing and leading a team
- CISSP Preferred
- Advanced computer skills
- Demonstrated capability in leading IT Security transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic environments
*All degrees will be deemed "or equivalent combination of education and experience" unless absolutely required to do the job (i.e., DVM degree for Veterinarian, Law degree for Attorney, etc.).PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with application security testing software and methodologies.
- Experience with information security control management tools such as e-mail security, endpoint security, network security.
- Success in delivering projects designed to improve information security controls.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices and cloud security monitoring tools.
- Understanding and knowledge of security standards/frameworks such as NIST CSF, PCI DSS, CIS, OWASP etc.
- Strong sense of self, ethics and effort, as well as the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate with all levels including influencing executive leadership.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging IT Security technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
- Strong hands-on experience with security in public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP), Networking,
- Operating Systems, Software Development, IAM, Key Management, Encryption, SIEM, DLP and Endpoint Security.
- Experience with SIEM technologies (SPLUNK). Security tooling such as IDS, Firewalls, Web Application firewalls, network enumeration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT Security workforce.
- Information Security
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Business and Technical Acumen
- Relationship Management
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Local travel is required for this position.DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.
VCA is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant or associate will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.