Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we're looking for:
The Infrastructure Engineer will be primarily responsible for designing and deploying next generation IT infrastructure, while maintaining and optimizing the existing enterprise IT Infrastructure. This person will also ensure ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure and, support the development of new strategies and system requirements.
What you'll do:
What you need:
- Architect and implement solutions based on products like Cisco UCS, C240, Dell PowerEdge, Fujitsu Servers etc.
- Deploy virtual environments for SAP HANA workloads according to the vendor best practices.
- Develop automation solutions including an Infrastructure as Code approach to establish and maintain automated, integrated and continuous deployments within private cloud
- Establish best practice disaster recovery architecture, operation and supporting process. Work with engineering and support teams to implement, maintain and governance; administration teams to establish run books
- Ensure Infrastructure operations are effective and optimally established and supported across all layers including server, storage, backup, monitoring, patching services and monitoring
- Develop Disaster Recovery strategies and work with other teams within organization and external teams to execute scheduled DR tests.
- Review and recommend alternative technologies and improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals and present to senior management.
- Create documentation (like run books) for the developed procedures and best practices.
- Lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts during outages or complex issues including but not limited to performance, functionality issues etc.
- Handle tasks/projects independently and complete within given timelines.
What will make you successful:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and/or related field required
- At least 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure engineering and management.
- Expertise in multiple models of VxBlock's and associated components.
- Develop scripts to automate day to day tasks using PowerCLI, PowerShell, Python etc.
- Experience in managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Experience in working in Converged (VxBlock) and Hyper Converged (VxRack) based technologies and develop solutions accordingly.
- Expertise in configuring Cisco UCS systems from basic vendor provided configuration to production required configuration.
- Advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies like vROPS, SDDC Manager, VSAN, SRM, vRA, vRO etc.
- Expertise on deploying optimized virtual environments for database cluster builds such as Oracle Rack and Microsoft SQL on VMware platform
- Strong technical ability to manage orchestration aspects through API scripts and tools, enabling a consistent methodology across UCS instances
- In depth technical knowledge about configuring and implementing the best practices Network Control Policies, multicast Policies, LACP Policies and QoS policies to prioritize traffic between environments at the vNIC level within the UCS manager
- Hands on experience or in-depth knowledge with authentication protocols such as LDAP, RADIUS, and TACACS+ protocols and work with security teams to provide configuration as required.
- Ability to articulate complex technical designs and terms to business teams in simple terms.
- Ability to analyze and optimize technical system solutions
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to advance project timelines and meet deliverable dates
- Ability to work with team across the board and achieve desired results.
- Ability to lift, shift simple and heavy devices as required and perform cabling when required.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.