Roswell Park Cancer Institute
First Shift (United States of America)
Oversees the design, installation and maintenance, of the Server, Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network systems and the personnel that supports the environment including Networks, Switches, firewalls, physical and virtual servers, Disaster Recovery, redundancy and backups, Cisco endpoint devices, Phone System and phones as well as File shares, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange (Cloud), VMware Virtualization and VSAN technology; oversees and sometimes can be called upon to manage Infrastructure projects and activities as well as working with the vendors to negotiate agreements, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the services provided for the infrastructure team to meet the infrastructure goals; works with the business and understands Healthcare business needs within the IT realm with the ability to transfer business requirement to technology implementation.
Starting salary for this position is $137,504 annually which includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Required Education and Experience
1. Master's degree and the equivalent of ten (10) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization; or
2. Bachelor's degree and the equivalent of eight (8) years of full-time experience as a Senior Network Systems Specialist at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center; or
3. Bachelor's degree and the equivalent of twelve (12) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization; or
4. Associates degree and the equivalent of fourteen (14) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization; or
5. High School diploma or High School equivalency and the equivalent of sixteen (16) years of full-time experience in computer system hardware, operating systems and software, enterprise networking or computer systems security as it relates to technology used at the organization.
Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited school, college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have experience in operating systems management, experience in enterprise datacenter systems management, prior experience in software engineering and experience in compute, storage and networking systems. The ideal candidate will also have experience developing policies, processes and best practices for efficiency, a proven track record of analyzing emerging technologies, effective communication skills and the ability to get ahead of, recognize and appropriately handle staffing issues. They will also have effective organizational skills, an understanding of current technology stack utilized by Roswell Park such as virtualization, servers, storage, networking, telecom, and cloud, they will also have an understanding of IT needs in a healthcare environment and an understanding of lifecycle management regarding operating systems and software maintenance and security.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!