The IT Infrastructure Operations Client Support Technician provides Tier 2 support of Rosen's Diversified Inc.'s desktop and laptop systems, computer imaging and deployment, support of the printer environment, and scan gun and tablet provisioning. This role works on trouble tickets to resolution as well as deployment projects.
Qualifications Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Evaluates and prioritizes incoming tickets, calls, and issues to provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Works with users to collect information about problems to investigate and resolve software, hardware, and peripheral issues.
- Logs, tracks, and ensures Tickets are processed in a timely manner.
- Facilitates communication with the user and any other support teams.
- Determines when a problem needs to be referred to other technical or senior support staff and performs warm handoffs to escalate the issue.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service when necessary.
- Work within defined security procedures to maintain health by updating and running anti-virus/malware scans, search and destroys of spam emails, and operating system updates/patches.
- Relies on experience, and judgment to perform the functions of the job.
- Exhibits a wide degree of creativity.
- Support technology as per written designs in line with company, departmental, and industry standards.
- Work on defined projects or assist on larger task lists related to projects.
- Participate in testing of new technologies or processes and provide feedback.
- Become the subject matter expert on one or more technologies supported by assigned team.
- Follows project, testing, and implementation plans and project timelines.
- Ensures systems are adequately tuned, patched, and monitored to meet design specs at optimal levels.
- Create documentation as needed for any new or changed project or technology.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or in an equivalent area of specialty is preferred.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in an Infrastructure Support or Service Desk role.
- Certification(s) in area of specialty is preferred.
- Experience or exposure to appropriate systems such as:
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Various brands of desktop, laptop, and other peripheral hardware
- Imaging and configuration of desktops and laptops
- iPhones, printers, hand-held scanners, and other peripheral devices
- A variety of application solutions (web, database, etc.).
- Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Exposure to ITIL 4 framework is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within field. Performs varied tasks.
- Strong technical aptitude, creativity, and ability to research and solve complex issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team with established standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. We participate in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Summary OUR FAMILY CULTURE
We are a family-owned business established in 1946 with nearly 5000 employees. Our company culture is casual and down to earth, filled with growth opportunities and innovative entrepreneurs. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the Rosen's family, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining RDI today, a "hire to retire" type of company. WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, 401(k) with company match, pretax 125 plan, Short Term Disability, free parking, and more!
- 15 days of PTO, seven paid holidays, and a floating holiday after 1 year of employment.
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
This job has expired.