AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
ONCOLOGY BUSINESS UNIT AT ASTRAZENECA
Join the fastest growing team determined to change the practice of medicine and change the way we view cancer. Here we are removing the fear by eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
We relentlessly follow the science - purposefully pushing back the limits of knowledge. From pioneering innovative treatment pathways, to shaping the care environment and maximising medicine lifecycles. From early detection, to harnessing big data analytics and machine learning.
We put the patient first - that's why we are all here, to ensure no patient is left behind. From early diagnosis to survivorship we transform the experience and deliver more effective treatments. Driven by opportunity to rewrite the future one patient life at a time.
It's through our combination of pioneering science, and commitment to patients, we are making this the greatest decade ever in the fight against cancer.
Our dedication to Oncology makes this a place to build a career unlike any other, Accelerate forward by seizing opportunities, working at the cutting edge and embracing big challenges, always willing to learn.
Oncology Business Insight Leader - Job Description:
The Oncology Business Insight Leader is accountable for developing and communicating actionable insights that effectively shape brand strategy and tactics based on a combination of primary research and secondary data across customer segments - HCP and Consumer. The Insight Leader will use sound market research along with strong analytical and critical thinking skills to support brand teams in making strategic decisions, informing brand performance and forecasts, developing promotional campaigns, and business cases. Keys to success in this position are superlative communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a strong foundation of primary market research skills and secondary data analysis proficiency. This job may require occasional travel for research.
- Thinks Strategically: Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities, combining forethought with action. This is based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on AZ and the brand.
- Assembles facts and insight to tell a cohesive story that clearly communicates the health of the business.
- Drives Performance: Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Builds an environment that enables others to perform at their best.
- Acts Critically: Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and champions the same in others. This is based on an underlying courage to enable risk-taking for the business.
- Works Collaboratively: Actively builds and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
- Develop, deliver and execute market research and insight plans that support the brand strategy
- Lead primary market research design and execution (including vendor/project management) with minimal supervision
- Compile, analyze, and visualize findings from secondary marketing and/or sales data (including identification and appropriate use of data sources).
- Provide brand and market evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Build insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Work with the Pricing and Market Access Insight team to ensure that payer insights are integrated
- Identify business needs dedicatedly and build research/analysis with foresight
- Develop and maintain market research budgets
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Lead KPI tracking for the brand, including brand equity and quantitative tracking
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, preferred pharma or consultancy
- Minimum 2-5 years of primary market research and analytical experience applying various primary research techniques and secondary analysis to inform business decisions
- Proven ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Pharmaceutical or consumer Insight experience highly desirable.
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
This job has expired.