II. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE To perform work related to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, operation, inspection, and testing of a variety of control systems equipment including, but not limited to, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, computer, micro-processor, electro-mechanical, digital, telemetry, and analog components used in the process control systems.
III. RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS During assigned projects assume maintenance supervision role directing and instruction mechanics and electricians.
IV. BUSINESS COMMUNICATION With Contractors, Venders, Suppliers as needed. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills V. SUPERVISION REQUIRED Under general supervision performing the full range of duties, and may provide technical assistance and guidance to other staff.
VI. EDUCATION REQUIRED Apprenticeship in Industrial Instrumentation, or College level work in Electronics / related field.
VII. TRAINING AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED • Experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming is an asset.
• Experience with iFix SCADA software knowledge is an asset.
• Experience with various brands of VFD's, preferably Allen-Bradley
• Working knowledge of industrial control networks, ENet/IP, CNet and DNet VIII. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Five years of journey level experience in the maintenance of process instrumentation and control equipment Minimum two years troubleshooting PLC controls systems Minimum two years troubleshooting analog IO systems Fluent in the use of electrical multimeters and analog calibration/testing meters, including 4-20mA loop calibration and signal generation Able to read, interpret, and implement OEM equipment manuals to install, setup, troubleshoot and maintain process instrumentation without supervision
IX. TRAVEL REQUIRED N/A X. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform routine and emergency maintenance on low voltage electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment used to collect, process, transmit, receive and record data, and to regulate the operation of the control elements in the processes.
• Perform periodic inspections, testing, adjustments, calibrations and servicing activities necessary to assure the proper operation of process instrumentation and control systems in the process.
• Consult diagrams and technical documentation such as schematics, manuals, standards and codes.
• Use maintain, and repair electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic test instruments.
• Perform acceptance tests of new equipment and inspect the installation of equipment and systems for conformance with plans and specifications.
• Assist in original design work required to implement analog and digital system modifications.
• Inventory of replacement components and parts at a level adequate to insure expedient repairs; provide for the maintenance of a stock of supplies necessary to implement routine servicing.
• Provide for the services of outside contractors as required to implement specialized maintenance activities which are either beyond the capability of available service technicians or which require the use of special facilities.
• The Production Controls Specialist will interact with other tradespersons and professionals such as process operators, welders, industrial mechanics (millwrights), electricians and engineers.
• Work closely with Controls Engineer(s) as needed
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment in computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 11 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 531,200 new jobs. Demand for these workers will stem from greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security.
According to BLS, the median annual wage for computer and information technology occupations was $91,250 in May 2020, which was higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $41,950.