If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Central Business Office has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Insurance Verification Representative to work Remote - South Florida. The Insurance Verification Representative ensures that proper insurance authorizations are processed prior to patients' appointments to ensure a smooth and efficient visit for the patients.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Calls insurance companies and patients to verify insurance information.
- Obtains authorization for HMO patients.
- Verifies claims are mailed to the proper address.
- Contacts physicians, insurance companies, and/or necessary department(s) to obtain authorizations or referrals.
- Contacts patient to obtain additional information when necessary.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding insurance coverage for services and processing of claims.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.