Internal Audit Associate
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager (Manager), this client-facing position will be responsible for planning and executing audits to evaluate operational, compliance, financial, and strategic risks and related internal controls. This position will work with the Manager, Chief Audit Executive (CAE), and the University's co-sourced internal audit services firm to ensure successful completion of the audit plan and other internal audit activities. This unique role will provide exposure to a variety of areas in a University setting, including administration, research, academics, operations and information technology.
Requirements and Qualifications
The Internal Audit Associate (Associate) will perform primary duties and responsibilities, such as:
- Identify and assess financial, operational, compliance, and strategic risks, and their reputational components, and evaluate the effectiveness of policies, procedures, systems, and internal controls to mitigate these risks.
- Understand current manual and automated operating processes and related internal controls operating centrally and at the unit level through research, interviews, observation, and testing and be able to effectively capture these in process flows and/or narratives.
- Test transactions (utilizing automated and/or traditional auditing methods) and analyze results to identify the themes and underlying root causes.
- Develop practical and effective solutions to improve processes, systems, and the control environment and agree these corrective action with management.
- Prepare formal written reports that provide proper perspective and summarize observations that effectively communicate issues, control deficiencies, and additional opportunities to improve and mature processes and controls. These reports will also summarize the agreed-upon risk mitigation activities.
- Perform activities that include interviews, inspection, and testing to determine the implementation status of agreed-upon action items.
- Monitor project status and issues on a timely basis and report progress and issues to project lead or Chief Audit Executive timely and regularly.
- Work in a team and independently, and interact appropriately with all levels of personnel, building working relationships, and establishing a network of internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Higher Education industry and proactively monitor and communicate industry trends and risks.
- Perform assigned duties in accordance with the accepted professional standards requiring:
- Independence and objectivity,
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards, proper financial and administrative control procedures and good business practices, and
- Ability to assess risk, relative to the proper application of controls.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, or related fieldExperience
Required: 3 to 5 years of External or Internal Audit experience
Preferred: Public accounting experience; Not-for-profit, Higher Education and/or Healthcare industry experience.
- Required: Track record of risk assessment, problem identification, analytical problem solving, and issue resolution.
- Required: The ability to learn quickly with strong foundation in understanding and assessing processes and controls
- Required: Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to regularly present to groups
Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)Availability
- Required: Availability and willingness to work as needed outside of usual business hours of Georgetown University.
Required: Travel between Georgetown campusesOther Desired Qualifications
Experience with Microsoft Office and audit tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI). Knowledge of higher education systems, applications, and software including Banner, WorkDay, and GMS.Sponsored Project Management (if applicable)
If this position serves as the Department Financial Manager for a Sponsored Project, please insert the text found on the HR website: N/Ahttp://hr.georgetown.edu/employment_services/costcentermanagers.htmlCurrent Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website
.To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/2121-Wisconsin-Avenue/Internal-Audit-Associate_JR15783
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.