Emergent Holdings is driven by a singular goal - improving the health and safety of our customers and communities. How do we do that? We create innovative insurance products, technology solutions and services to support our key stakeholders - individuals, employers, providers, and strategic partners - improving the health and safety of the people and places we serve.
The Emerging Markets Board Relations department is responsible for the integrity of the Emerging Markets and Joint Venture governance frameworks, compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements related to matters of the boards of directors, board governance best practices and implementing decisions made by the boards of directors.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
The Board Relations summer intern will be responsible for the following:
- Various Microsoft Office software applications
- Data entry and documentation upload into the entity management system, Diligent Entities
- Quality assurance, report generation to ensure all entity data and corporate record documentation is accurately represented and stored in Diligent Entities
- Organization of hard copy corporate records, filing system
- Recording, organization of off-site record storage
- Assist with development of Diligent Entities process/control documentation
- Assist with various departmental tasks, as needed
- Works independently, and within a team dynamic
- Maintains confidentiality
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
- Be available to begin employment between late-May and mid-June.
Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses. EXPERIENCE:
With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.