Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,500 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of 11 laboratories servicing air, water, soil, tobacco, cannabis, and toxicity testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance.
Our IT group is currently seeking a Full-Time IT Programmer to join our team.
As a key member of the IT Group, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Translate laboratory workflows into database schemas, views and reports
- Manage Oracle SQL data bases
- Work with end-users to diagnose problems and implement solutions
- Create automated regression tests
- Develop applications for data capture and instrument control
- Exercise safe work practices by following company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs
- Participate in company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
- Perform other duties, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- BA/BS in Science or Computer Technology
- Programming and computer systems knowledge
- Strong scientific skills
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Must be willing and able to work on-site in the Richmond, VA office
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or the Sciences (with classwork or experience in object-oriented programming and databases)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Perl
- Experience with web application design
- Motivated to learn new technologies and able to pick up a new languages or frameworks
- Able to work collaboratively to analyze problems, then take charge and implement solutions
- Able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities (i.e., self-starter, self-motivated)
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time/project management skills
- English language competency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us?
Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.