WHO WE ARE
AVI-SPL is a digital enablement solutions provider who transforms how people and technology connect to elevateexperiences,create new value, and enableorganizations to thrive and grow. We are the largest provider of collaboration technology solutions, which include our award-winning managed services.
Our highly certified industry experts and innovation leaders share a vision to help people work smarter and live better. We believe that success starts with a sound team and that an inclusive and diverse workplace moves us all forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Project Manager in IT, you will oversee the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of multi-sized, multi-phased IT projects. In addition, you will ensure projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, and end user satisfaction requirements. You will be responsible for following IT project management protocols, documenting project work progress, risks, & issues in AVI-SPL's centralized systems, as well as facilitating all project activities within IT and across business units, including coordinating with vendors and external partners, where appropriate.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORMust-Haves:
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise for each assigned project including, but not limited to, project life cycle components, methodologies, stakeholder engagement strategies, risk & issue management, processes for collecting, documenting, & signing off on scopes of work.
- Work with the business to establish business use case, strategic objectives, & project charter.
- Make recommendations for project methodology, given project charter and best practices.
- Select and utilize appropriate tools and methods to plan and direct the work.
- Create and manage comprehensive work breakdown structure and project schedule.
- Coordinate and verify appropriate resource scheduling for all required project tasks.
- Collaborate with business process & analysts to collect and document requirements to inform the scope statement, including sign off by the executive sponsors and business units.
- Facilitate project kick-off and regular project meetings with key participants from AVI-SPL departments, as well as with necessary external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Act as point of contact for internal and external project communication and documentation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external resources, as appropriate.
- Respond or coordinate responses to all internal and external stakeholders regarding project questions, problems, or concerns, in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and distribute project progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee all project expenditures based on project budget throughout the project lifecycle and identify problem areas, spearhead resolution, and communicate any issues.
- Manage the change order process through assurance that any scope, schedule, cost or change of terms are handled in accordance with change order procedures.
- Supervise and verify quality of work performed by internal and external resources.
- Facilitate the testing process, including unit testing, quality assurance, and user acceptance.
- Schedule resources to demonstrate end solutions, in accordance with project methodology.
- Ensure project closure documentation is created and stored in proper location for reference.
- Collect and document lessons learned, translating into future project implementations.
- Drive project results per end user requirements to ensure project meets objectives.
- Experiment with and learn new processes, techniques & tools, participate in technology communities, and be deliberate about knowledge sharing for project management practices.
- PMP certification
- A strong and functional working knowledge of artifacts that are central to effective Project Management: various project methodologies & components; stakeholder register; scope statement; assumption, risk & issue logs; lessons learned documentation; quality assurance
Helpful to have:
- An approachable and collaborative disposition that embraces continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external stakeholders in a consistent, professional, and courteous manner in both verbal and written form
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with astute attention to detail
- Excellent multitasking capabilities while adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to creatively problem solve and analyze complex problems and generate solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve project related issues, understand, and maintain project budgets, manage multiple projects at once, and manage large scale/high dollar projects
WHY YOU'LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- 2+ years as a project manager or similar experience
- Direct experience with Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Direct experience with Project Management and Portfolio tools
- Direct experience with Microsoft applications and collaboration tools
MORE ABOUT US
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays, sick days, and personal days
- Enjoyable and dynamic company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law. AVI-SPL is an AA/Disabled/Veteran Protected Employer VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as necessary. Work hours may vary based on client requirements and may include travel to various locations in support of the account.
This job has expired.