Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Janitor in the Plaquemine, LA area . **Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to relocate***
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Employee is responsible for performing various cleaning activities in offices, coffee rooms, entrances, lunchrooms and restrooms within an industrial plant site environment
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions, and decimals to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders and specifications.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of chemicals and machinery during use.
- Recognize various materials used on the job and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently utilize materials/resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping.
- Vacuum, Mop, Dust, and General Cleaning
- Train on the proper methods for Stripping, Waxing, and Buffing Floors
Skills / Qualifications Job Requirements: Physical Requirements:
- Positions required to work in: climbing, bending, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, kneeling and crawling
- Ability to lift, bend and stoop
- Good hand eye balance is required in order to use the tools necessary to perform the required work
- The employee must have vision, which has good depth perception in order to judge distances and space relationships. This item is especially important when doing near work which may be varying distances from the eye.
- The employee must be able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Employee must capable of working in elevated positions.
- One-year experience in commercial cleaning preferred.
- Must have the ability to read safety requirements, must be able to read instructions in the correct use and care of tools, must be able to read and understand the "warning labels" that are placed on various containers. (The amount of reading and understanding that is required to correctly assemble a model car or airplane is sufficient). (In English)
- Be able to write a series of numbers, name, locations and fill out very basic forms and tags.
The amount of training, either on-the-job or from attending some type of schooling is usually from 3 months to 1 year. (Most of the applicants have only on the job exposure to this type of work). Job Type:
Full-Time/Regular Years of Experience:
Less than 1 Year Level of Education:
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.