Job Title: President/CEO - KDC Inc.
Report to: President & CEO, EMCOR Electrical Construction & Services
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Updated: July 8, 2022
KDC Inc. offers professional and construction services, from conception through completion, for the electrical industry. The company goal is to identify our clients' needs and develop a plan, design, budget and schedule that fulfills those needs. For over 60 years, these efforts have produced successful projects in many markets, while participating in Design/Build, Design Assist and Plan & Spec contract strategies.
As the President/CEO of KDC, your responsibilities include developing and implementing effective strategies which lead to growth, making major operating company decisions, managing the overall operations and demonstrating ethical and safety leadership.
This position reports directly to the President & CEO, EMCOR Electrical Construction and Services. However, you will work with the VP Operations, EMCOR Construction Services Electrical Division on daily operational activities in the regular course of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE
- Establishes strategic direction and follows through with exceptional organizational execution of projects
- Grows the business through internal operations and network expertise
- Delivers consistent top and bottom line results, both long and short term
- Establishes KDC's LA markets and types of work that will be bid
- Ensures respect, ethics and safety are considered in all decisions and are an integral part of the company culture
- Communicates effectively and can motivate/lead a wide variety of people
- Effectively manages and develops managerial and technical talent, ensuring succession and development plans are in place for key office and technical positions
- Demonstrate key existing client relationships as they pertain to the industry in southern California
- Forms effective relationships with customers, direct reports, craft workers, and corporate office
- Has a strong understanding of electrical labor and it's indirect and material costs
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of building construction types
- Understands the various project procurement delivery methods - Fixed Price/Lump Sum, D/B, D/A, unit price, GMP, IPD etc.
- Deep working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBAs)
- Has the appropriate working relationships (or ability to develop working relationships) with IBEW Leadership in southern California
- Oversees or participates in various union wage and fringe negotiations
- May oversee or represent the company in resolving union grievances
- Has strong public speaking skills (groups may be as small as five or as large as 300+/-)
- Demonstrate strong project presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Have a clear understanding of construction contracts and have the ability to negotiate those contracts whether they are with clients, vendors or subcontractors
- General understanding of applicable construction law (i.e., contracts, change orders, contract bidding, etc.) and effect on the organization's projects
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of contracting and managing MBE/DBE etc. firms
- Be willing to engage in a leadership role with local trade associations such as NECA
- Lead the organizations various charitable works
Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction or related areas of study; and/or
Minimum of 20 years progressive experience in managing and leading more complex and larger scale electrical construction projects. Experience must include:
- Direct P&L responsibilities for operational revenue exceeding $100M;
- Responsibilities for multiple departments and large electrical construction projects, including Commercial, Industrial & Transportation (over $25M)
- Proven track record of effectively growing revenue as a CEO (or executive leader reporting to CEO) while maintaining a commitment to respect, ethics and safety
- Effectively leading a unionized skilled trades workforce (knowledge or experience in working with IBEW Local Union collective bargaining agreements a plus) as well as non-union office professionals and administrators.
- Experienced in two or more of the following markets as an electrical contractor:
- Financial Services
- Parking Facilities
A current California State Masters Electrician license would be a plus (This license may be used as the basis for the KDC L.A. State Electrical Contractors license in the future if needed. Annual fees will be reimbursed.)PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical demands of this job range from working in a traditional business office (i.e., sitting, talking, using a computer, etc., in an environmentally controlled environment) to a variety of construction worksites requiring walking on rugged or uneven terrain, climbing, kneeling, bending. Worksites could be located underground in tunnels or in high-rise construction.
May frequently drive or fly to project locations throughout California and regional states as well as periodically fly to project sites or required meetings.QUALIFICATIONS
KDC requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. KDC is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.