A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We have an exciting opportunity for asupervisor to join theglobal virus production team based in Rockville, Maryland.As supervisor you will have global exposure, reporting to the manager global virus production within the VC value stream.You will have a high level of autonomy in overseeing the day-to-day supervision of the team whilst building a strong and trusting team which embraceshigh impact culture.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Provide direct supervision to Associate Scientists and Laboratory Assistants
- Act as point of contact for departmental training
- Responsible for compliance of virus productions under the principles of GxP
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Review production data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness of documentation
- May act as the study management/ responsible person on the release of test results in a GMP study
- Manage the use and maintenance of scientific equipment and instrumentation, computer systems
- Conduct thorough scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions
- Lead local / global projects and improvement initiatives
- Evaluate laboratory procedures, system controls and technical documentation such as SOPs and batch records to ensure compliance
- Leadclient & regulatory audits
- Global travel may be required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as appropriate
- Master's degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology etc.) with 1+ years laboratory experience - OR
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology etc.) with 3+ years laboratory experience - OR -
- Associate degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology etc.) with 5+ years laboratory experience
What we offer:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective supervisory, coaching and training skills
- Experience leading and/trainingstaff in a laboratory setting
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills, ability to prioritise effectively
- Highly, technically competent
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!Curious?
Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Job Requisition ID: 248147
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time