MV Transportation is seeking a Labor Relations Specialist to assist with the labor function at our Transit client sites in Las Vegas, NV. This position will assist the Human Resources Manager with the day-to-day management of labor relations and all related projects at our Las Vegas transit sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Administer and conduct meetings between workers, supervisory/managerial personnel and labor union representatives to investigate and resolve grievances, including:
- Researching issues (past practice, contract provisions, etc.)
- Maintaining grievance calendar
- Working with the management team to gather documents needed for grievance responses
- Assisting with grievance responses
- Assisting with arbitration preparation
- Formulate potential avenues and settlement options in order to achieve business objectives or significantly mitigate potential liability based on extensive analysis and experience.
- Work collaboratively with union partners, division leadership and Director of Labor Relations to guide the timely and effective resolution of grievances and potential arbitrations to ensure consistency in decision making and outcomes to reduce potential liability for the organization.
- Maintain accurate and complete database regarding grievances and arbitrations throughout the divisions.
- Collect, analyze, and investigate labor relations policies and procedures used within the organization to determine alignment of process and approach with the collective bargaining agreements.
- Assist with the administration of the existing bargaining unit labor agreement.
- Provides administrative support to lead negotiator during contract negotiations.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for matters related to labor relations.
- Ideal candidate will possess three (3)+ years' experience in Labor Relations and dispute resolution processes.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be well organized, and detail-oriented.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.