CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, biodefense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to provide services in support of the overall functions of the trans-NIH Center for Human Immunology (CHI), Division of Intramural Research (DIR).
- Assist with a wide variety of complex experimental procedures involving microbiology and molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, and immunology techniques to perform lab research. Techniques involved will include DNA/RNA purification and quantitation, real-time PCR, and cell culture. Other areas of expertise in conducting research may include immunological techniques such as ELISAs, western blotting, microscopy.
- Perform cell suspensions for single cell analysis using 10x Genomics instruments.
- Perform gene expression, CITE-Seq, ASAP-Seq, and other immune profiling single cell assays.
- Prepare QC RNA and DNA samples for sequencing.
- Perform routine maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of 10x Genomics, Illumina, and high-throughput robotic automation instrumentation.
- Perform spatial transcriptomics using 10x Visium or similar technologies.
- Maintain and keep detailed records of experimental procedures.
- Perform analysis with Bioinformatics/Sequence analysis.
- Provide reports using Microsoft Office Suite and Cell Ranger, and other software.
- Keep updated and willing to learn new developing sequencing-based technologies to on the most effective assays for given study research and sample types.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience is required.
- Application to human immunology with an automation background is a plus.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
CAMRIS International LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.CAMRIS.com . CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination against COVID-19, defined as two doses of Moderna, two doses of Pfizer, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, is required for this position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Public Trust-level background check, a requirement for this position under an active federal contract. The background check process may include, but is not limited to the following: (1) contacting your professional references; (2) verification of previous employment, education and credentials; (3) a criminal background check; (4) use/abuse of federally-controlled substances; and (5) a department of motor vehicle check. Candidates must be prepared to fully-complete any required background check questionnaire during initial onboarding.