Acquiring land is critical to the home building process. This position is primarily accountable for compiling market research when considering new land purchases.
Company Overview: Beazer Homes is committed to employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading parental leave policy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs land use and zoning analyses to evaluate potential future sites
- Maintains accurate and complete comparative study for each community and updates monthly
- Compiles and supports all land acquisition requests
- Understands and maintains submarket information, including supply and demand
- Stays current with research tools and industry news
- Identifies missing plans in the current lineup based on price, square footage, and psychographic makeup
- Uses data to evaluate current home inventory trends
- Works with sales and marketing teams to evaluate the frequency of home plan purchases, identify missing plans in the lineup, and align home pricing with the current market.
- Works with the Land Development on lot fit studies, due diligence, and entitlement issues
Education & Experience
- Preferred, Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or Economics
- Experience in market research and presentation of results
Skills & Abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent human relation skills
- Ability to negotiate/influence others
- Effective and concise writing and verbal skills
- Tenacious, detail-oriented, and able to problem-solve complex situations
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Preferred: familiarity with PowerBI, Google Earth, Zonda, Metrostudy, GIS Mapping platforms, and Neustar demographic data
- Typical office environment approximately 80% of time.
- This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- In field 20% of time occasionally where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion. Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
, which includes a link to an additional notice for California residents and which link can also be visited directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy
. Equal Opportunity Employer