Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while working with an extraordinary team? At Merakey, we put heart and soul into everything we do.
We are seeking a Case Manager to join our team.
The Enhance Care Management (ECM) Lead Case Manager (LCM) will provide a wide range of case management services for the California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) initiative. Duties include the development of collaborative care management plans with clients which support clients' needs in the areas of physical health, mental health, substance use disorders, community-based long-term services support, oral health, palliative care, social supports, and social determinants of health. Core ECM activities include but are not limited to, outreach, comprehensive assessment and care management, care coordination, health promotion, comprehensive transitional care, identifying client support needs, and coordination of and referral to community and social services support.
• Client outreach and engagement, including direct communication with clients such as in person meetings, mail, email, texts and telephone; community and street-level outreach
• Complete documentation required for data reporting and outcome tracking
• Develop a Care Management Plan (CMP) that incorporates client's needs in the areas of physical health, mental health, SUD, community-based Long-Term Services Support, oral health, palliative care, social supports, and Social Determinants of Health.
• Care coordination and organizing client care activities per the CMP and case conferences for care coordination
• Sharing and maintaining information with client's multidisciplinary team and implementing activities per CMP, including Community Supports
• Support client engagement in support including coordination or medication review and or reconciliation, scheduling appointments, appointment reminders, coordinating transportation, accompany client to critical appointments, identify and address other barriers to client's engagement in services
• Ensuring regular contact with the member and their family member(s), guardian, caregiver, and/or authorized support person(s) as part of care coordination
• Engage and help client participate in and manage their care
• Coaching members to make lifestyle choices based on healthy behavior - goal is for members to successfully monitor and manage their health
• Supporting members in strengthening their skills to identify and access resources to assist them in managing and prevention of chronic condition
• Linkage to resources based on member's needs such as smoking cessation, self-help recovery, etc.
• Provide transitional care for clients during discharge from hospital or institutional setting including developing a transition care plan, and coordination of care to provide adherence support and referrals to appropriate resources and community supports, as needed
• Identify supports needed for client
• Collaboration with Community Supports provider and other community-based organizations to coordinate services
• Provide appropriate education of the client and/or their family support/authorized support about care instructions for the person served
• Assist members in accessing additional benefits and related documentation such as, Social Security Insurance (SSI), CalFresh, cash aid, and obtaining required documentation to apply (ID, birth certificate, immigration status, financial records, marriage/divorce records, proof of medical conditions, etc.
• Develop, establish, and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external care team
• Network with community and stakeholders to remain current on issues and activities as they impact coordination of care for clients
• Coordination of care with health plans
• Attend required training to maintain provider certification and current industry knowledge
• Performs administrative tasks including timely record keeping and data entry
• Maintains up to date, adequate records and other documentation necessary for the collection of data and statistics pertaining to program outcomes, demographics, and information as required by funders
• Collaborate as an active member of a team
• Actively models and communicates the mission and vision and supports a corporate culture of empowerment, team building, and open communication
• Maintains compliance with all applicable county, state and federal laws and regulations, funder and program requirements
• Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
• Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
• Performs other duties as assigned
Merakey offers Medical, Dental, Vision and competitive compensation plans, Work/Life balance, flexible schedules, cell phone discount plan, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement and much more!
Apply today at: www.Merakey.org/careers
Requisition number: 78815
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve. Merakey strictly follows a zero-tolerance policy for abuse.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in the social service field
• Bilingual English, Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese preferred
• 1 year experience in care coordination/case management preferred
• Valid CA Driver's License required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!