As a residential care facility - also called a rest home -Beaven Kelly Homeprovides the best of both worlds. Our residents are free to come and go as they please, and they have the structure and reassurance of around-the-clock assistance from a professional nursing and support staff, if they need it.
We also offerrespite carefor elders, providing temporary relief for their regular caregivers.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks food for patients, employees, staff, and visitors in accordance with established recipes and menus. In doing so, measures and mixes food ingredients, uses kitchen utensils and equipment, and tests food being cooked in order to determine if done. Oversees the work performance of the night and relief cook to ensure food quality, meal timeliness and sanitary conditions. Assists the Food Service Director in the areas of staff scheduling, ordering, processing grocery and dietary supplies, and maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Will perform essential functions of Food Service Director in her/his absence.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Demonstrates, promotes and integrates the Sisters of Providence Care Centers Mission and core values by:
1. Oversee the daily performance of the cooks and promote food quality, presentation and the maintenance of sanitation within the unit.
2. Participate in the compliance with local, State and Federal regulations.
3. In the absence of the Food Service Director support the daily operation of the dietary department.
4. Receives orders for items to be cooked and obtains necessary food items and equipment from storage areas.
5. Measures, weighs and combines ingredients for quantity preparation of soups, entrees, casseroles, vegetables, meats, gravies and other food items in accordance with established recipes.
6. Cooks regular and diet menu items according to established recipes.
7. Inspects and tastes food for correct seasoning, quality and proper serving temperature, and adds ingredients or seasonings to improve flavor and/or texture.
8. Ensures menu items are prepared in a timely manner and that items requiring advance preparation are prepared, cooked and ready for assigned meal time.
9. Monitors consumption of assigned menu items and altars food production levels in order to avoid potential shortages or surpluses.
10. Operates a variety of manual and/or automated kitchen equipment such as ovens, grills, toasters, fryers, mixers, blenders, and so forth.
11. Maintains records of food supplies as well as ingredients used in preparation of menu items.
12. Transports foodstuffs to and from storerooms and refrigerators to preparation/serving areas. Ensures foodstuffs requiring refrigeration are properly stored and maintains counters, utensils and assigned work areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
13. Estimate food needs and, as necessary, requisitions food supplies from stores.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires a high school level of educational development and up to one year of basic technical training in cooking techniques and one to two years of previous work related experience plus three months or less of on-the-job training and orientation.
2. No certification, registration, or licensure required.
3. Work requires the analytical ability to gather and interpret data.
4. Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves ordinary courtesy.
5. Work requires lifting objects weighing up to 20 pounds on an hourly basis.
6. Work requires standing for up to two hours at a time on an hourly basis.
7. Work requires ability to reach and grasp objects.
8. Work requires pushing or pulling supply carts on a daily basis.
1. Requires handling of hot liquids. Toxic or flammable chemicals, or contaminated materials, which requires caution and use of, established safety guidelines and equipment.
1. Reports to the First Cook.
2. Has no responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Buffalo, New York
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted 8 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!