Everything we do in Performance Materials is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
You will be joining the Digital & Data Office, Performance Materials. The team is responsible for driving data analytics in our Performance Materials Business sector - by enabling data democratization, data governance, empowering a data driven mindset and delivering data analytics solutions.
The Lead Data Engineer is expected to execute tasks in our projects and give support and guidance to other team members. The Data Engineers are responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting automated end-to-end data pipelines and applications on Performance Materials' data management and analytics platform. Technology exploration is part of your profile to innovate and meet business needs. You will support and create data engineering and DevOps practices across the entire platform from ingestion through to provisioning of outputs. Forming practices around the robust data integration with up- and down-stream platforms also forms a core part of your role.
The role will partner closely with the data engineers, the Product Owners and the Use Case Tech Leads at the Digital & Data Office, Performance Materials. Also, the role will be an integral part of business-oriented discussions to ensure business outcomes are considered as part of the engineering work. You will further collaborate with other teams - both the demand and the delivery side - the Performance Materials Business teams, Plants, R&D Center and other analytical functions in the organizations. External thought leadership exchange across industries is strongly expected to stay abreast with technology evolution.
Who you are:
Job Location: Preferable in Seoul, Korea/or US/or Darmstadt, Germany
- B.Sc. (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in system engineering or software development
- 5+ years of experience in engineering with experience in ETL type work with databases
- Develop data pipelines by ingesting various data sources - structured and un-structured
- Participate in end to end project lifecycle, from requirements analysis to go-live and operations of an application
- Review code developed by other data engineers and check against platform-specific standards, cross-cutting concerns, coding and configuration standards and functional specification of the pipeline
- Document technical work in a professional and transparent way. Create high quality technical documentation
- Work out the best possible balance between technical feasibility and business requirements
- Deploy applications on the platform infrastructure with clearly defined checks
- Implementation of changes and bug fixes via our campany's change management framework and according to system engineering practices (additional training will be provided)
- DevOps project setup following Agile principles (e.g. Scrum)
- Besides working on projects, act as third level support for critical applications; analyze and resolve complex incidents/problems; debug problems
- Work closely with business users, data scientists/analysts to design physical data models
- Experience in implementing data practices including technology, process, data and organization readiness aspects
- Good knowledge in data privacy and security and being able to develop practices here together with the respective business functions such as IT security, Data Privacy Office, Government Affairs
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Flexible and willing to travel internationally and domestically.
•보훈대상자 및 취업보호대상자는 관련법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
•지원서의 기재사항이 사실과 다른 것으로 확인되거나 Reference from previous employer 상에 채용상의 결격사유가 확인될 경우 합격 또는 채용이 취소될 수 있습니다
•(The company reserves the right to withdraw the offer, it if discovers subsequently that a candidate has given false information in application or has provided false or fraudulent documentation in support of his/her application. The offer is conditional upon satisfactory results of reference checks.)What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
This job has expired.