Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East United States to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Distribution Engineer or Designer. You will help manage and develop our distribution team. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Management of projects through their lifecycle
- Monitoring budget and schedule for distribution scope of work and identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers and designers
- Engineering of distribution electrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design, and into construction and into service
- Management of project delivery including schedule and budget control and adherence
- Leading or supporting overhead and underground distribution engineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations, and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Completion of QA/QC tasks including reviewing, checking and approving work output of assigned personnel, as required
- Providing construction support and overall project engineering coordination, including outages
- Responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with other design disciplines and external stakeholders and assist team leads and managers
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Skills / Qualifications
- Post high-school academic qualification in relevant subject.
- 5+ years of overhead and underground distribution engineering experience serving utilities in Florida
- Knowledge of CSA/IEC/NESC Standards and Codes and major utility Engineering Standards
- Knowledge of electrical design including the selection and installation of conductors, insulators, switchgear, circuit breakers, fuses and other distribution equipment is required
- Knowledge of structural, civil and geotechnical aspects of distribution engineering is an asset
- Knowledge of overhead systems design and the use of PLS-CADD is an asset
- Experience with substation and transmission projects is an asset
- Experience with AutoCAD an asset
- Experience with WMS and Design Manager is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to exercise initiative when resolving issues and in adapting and applying procedures to address unusual situations
- Experience working in a utility or consulting environment and managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Able to take on responsibility for high-profile projects and grow professionally with our expanding organization
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.