MSP's Turbo-Vaporizers™ use a droplet vaporization, direct liquid injection technique. Our vaporizers use advanced technology in aerosol science and thermo-dynamics to create a more refined solution to vaporizing liquids. In thin film applications, our Turbo-Vaporizers' stable and uniform vapor leads to a higher quality thin film and higher wafer yields with less down time. MSP's Vaporizers provide faster response time, high precision flow control, are able to operate at high temperatures, and are built with a clog-resistant design.
The Lead Engineerwill be responsible for design, development and technical support of Vaporizers and related products. You will play a lead technical role in the project team applying theory to solve challenges with respect to development and commercialization of technology related to MSPs Vaporizer Products. Among other skills, this person requires a working knowledge of mathematical and flow modeling tools, thermodynamics of single-phase flows. A successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of a focused and highly disciplined approach to engineering project work and independently solves complex problems associated with the design, development and manufacturing of products. You must effectively communicate in cross functional teams that span all engineering disciplines, marketing, sales, and production.
- Serve as a technical lead on projects and provide guidance to other engineers.
- Demonstrate ability to convert theoretical concepts and modeling into cost-effective, manufacturable instruments.
- Responsible for providing work direction to individuals or a group of engineers with respect to the project or tasks in order to meet project deadlines
- Evaluate existing methods and develop improved methods for Vaporizers and related products.
- Design and implement component, subsystem and system level tests to validate project work.
- Determine and implement calibration methods for Vaporizers and related products.
- Work closely with account manager and account team to meet customer product roadmap and ongoing product improvements.
- Lead continuous quality and product improvement efforts along with small to medium product refresh projects.
- Develop knowledge and stay current on Semiconductor Manufacturing industry standards.
- Responsible for bringing to the project group the higher level of engineering skills coupled with the ability to work cross functionally with manufacturing, marketing and sales to move a project forward.
- Develop knowledge of competitor's instruments and methods.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related sciences from an established research institution.
- Desired: Master's Degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related sciences from an established research institution.
- Required: 10+ years of product development engineering relatable experience, less if a Master's Degree or PhD is held.
Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States. EOE/M/W/Vet/Disability
This job has expired.
- Desired: Product development experience on a project from the concept phase through the launch phase with leadership over the technical portion
- Experience leading and mentoring other engineers
- Working knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, flow modeling and heat transfer for single phase flows and for multiphase systems.
- Experience with modeling tools and Software: SolidWorks, COMOL, MATLAB, Mathcad,
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Visual Basic, Python or C/C++.Knowledge of ALD, CVD, PECVD etc. processes preferred
- Knowledge of particle technology especially in the area of instrumentation.
- Excellent hands-on experimentalist, rigorous documentation and reporting.
- Experience defining product requirements for instruments.
- Working knowledge of generating and interpreting intellectual property.