The leave administration team lead is responsible for supporting the leave specialists, assistants and timekeepers with day-to-day administration to ensure a smooth leave experience for our customers. The role includes ownership of complex and escalated cases while working collaboratively with employees, managers, and internal and external customers on the leave process. This position provides liaison support to the HR Support Center with calls and self-service request requiring immediate attention. The lead will facilitate meetings and provide direction from leave leadership to ensure consistent practices across the team in the areas of education, development, and process management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide guidance to the team in interpreting leave policies and federal and state leave laws.
• Lead training programs, including but not limited to manager education sessions.
• Create, maintain and update process documents, guidelines and procedures as needed
• Train new leave staff and provide ongoing support on leave process, benefits, laws and regulations, PeopleSoft tables (benefits, FMLA Administration, payroll etc.), query tools, and database training (e.g. Access, Kronos and BI Publisher).
• Assist in the implementation in new leave processes and programs.
• Ability to perform all the duties of a leave specialist.
• Provide leave reporting support to identify trends as well as to maintain accurate leave information
• Administer Payroll responsibilities including but not limited to providing historical edit adjustments, leave accrual adjustments and accrual cash-outs on transition to inactive status.
• Audit Payroll and work collaboratively with Timekeepers with escalated pay issues.
• Work collaboratively with departments across the system to ensure that leaves are managed successfully
• Administer the most comprehensive and effective plans and programs
• Contribute ideas and actions towards the continuous improvement of leave related processes within area of influence
• Successfully handle complex and escalated issues and provide guidance to leave specialists as appropriate
• Requires minimal supervision to complete daily activities and can meet published deadlines for activities
• Perform additional responsibilities such as managing knowledge articles or participating in special projects
• Provide leave education through multiple channels (e.g. webinars, department meetings)
• Provide back-up support to Supervisor as needed.
• Assist leave specialists with overflow of volume and working to assign cases.
• Receive inbound inquiries via multiple channels, clarify the need, answer the inquiries, and drive the resolution of concerns
• Fully document all cases in case management application, establish / update processes as necessary
• Partner with HR counterparts (in Shared Services and across institutions) to ensure all escalated issues are resolved and service levels met
• Take ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, and inquiries and make sure that they are resolved / completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality
• Assist and encourage users to make effective use of self-service options, empower them to solve inquiries when appropriate
• Continually improve and be adaptable to changes in people, process, or technology platforms as they occur
• Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant experiences
• Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training to improve policy and process acumen
• 3+ years of related Leave Administration or Human Resources experience
• Bachelor's degree or relevant professional experience
• Experience in the healthcare industry and shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
• Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, and familiarity with ServiceNow for case / knowledge management
• Highly motivated, team focused, and results oriented; ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, self-directed team-based environment
• Strong mediation skills
• Ability to assess situations, think critically and problem solve
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; including the ability to guide others
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and over the phone
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on customer satisfaction
• Success implementing continuous improvement processes and exceeding key performance metrics
• Ability to protect the privacy of individuals and the confidentiality of employee and applicant information
Lead a team consisting of 5-8 FTE's
• Full Time
• Remote Work. Travel to affiliates may be necessary.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Holy Cross, Alaska
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago