Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and centers, from primary visits to emergency care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Employee and Dependent Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
- In some laboratories, may perform the more difficult, non-routine test procedures but in general, carries out the normal testing duties of the laboratory.
- Responsible for section's workload and personnel scheduling, inventory maintenance and conformance with the divisional quality assurance program.
- Assists in laboratory projects, training of new employees as well as the development and revision of laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintains & disseminates to others an advanced knowledge of laboratory equipment and laboratory information systems/laboratory technology.
- Adept at problem solving/troubleshooting and managing multiple priorities in a complex work environment that support laboratory & hospital operations and the diagnosis and care of the patients.
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Medical Technology, Medical & Research Technology, Microbiology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or a closely related field (where degree would qualify individual to sit for certification as Medical Technologist).Work Experience:
Required Licensure, Certification, Etc.:
- Work requires 3 or more years of clinical laboratory experience where at least 2 of those years have been in specialty or related laboratory field, 5 years' experience preferred.
- Individual should demonstrate experience and aptitude for juggling multiple priorities, problem resolution, and coordination/communication with laboratory staff.
- Individuals should complete related JHH training programs within first year in Lead position.
- Certification in Medical Technology, MT (ASCP), or a nationally recognized professional organization accepted by JH Pathology (example: AMT, ISCLT, NRM, SBB, etc).
- *Cytogenetics positions only: Certification by the National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory personnel as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytogenetics or other certifying agency is required.
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/lead-medical-technologist-hematology-laboratory-pathology-johns-hopkins-hospital-b-616067-e6d0c/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency