Lead Product Engineer
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions hydrogen fuel cell stacks and engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,600 people worldwide.
We are seeking a Lead Product Engineer to join our team. The Product Engineer will provide design and engineering leadership for Nuvera's world-class electrochemical fuel cell stacks and fuel cell integrated engine systems. As a key member of a multifunctional team, this role will design, verify and release to production advanced applications of our core technologies.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead technology and product development projects for fuel cell systems.
- Supports and develops new products and/or prototypes. Conducts development research and investigations. Seeks out or creates new technology. Provides important technical input in major decision-making processes.
- Apply engineering knowledge, skills and judgment to balance competing requirements of quality, cost and delivery in developing innovative technology and product solutions that meet those requirements.
- Perform engineering analyses to verify function, reliability, life, code compliance, manufacturability and cost including, but not limited to, structural (static, vibration, etc.), fluid, thermal, chemical, material and electrical. Satisfies customer needs by effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Solve complex engineering problems involving: mechanics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and material science. Demonstrates "out of the box" thinking. Generating multiple new ideas.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules detailed phases of the technical services work in a major program. Has ability to influence programs and some projects. Work closely with manufacturing, supply chain, customer care and outside suppliers to ensure product designs and documentation are complete, accurate and up-to-date. Demonstrates effective use of multiple communication techniques to all levels
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- Leads the engineering of the product line and ensure timely and accurate communication of changes to the extended team.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or relevant discipline from an ABET accredited institution; MSME desirable.
Previous Work Experience
7+ years combined experience in product development, design and/or manufacturing.
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Experience in design and manufacture of fuel cell or other relevant products strongly desired
- Experience with 3D parametric solid modeling (SolidWorks or equivalent)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience
- Experience with design for such manufacturing processes as machining, molding, forming (sheet metal), casting and welding.
- Experience and familiarity in designing to meet industry standards (e.g. automotive, aerospace, industrial)
- Demonstrated ability and desire to take initiative and responsibility-a "can-do" attitude is a must.
- Ability to contribute at strategic, tactical and detailed levels of the product development process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for manufacturing processes such as machining, molding, forming (sheet metal), casting, brazing and welding a plus.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFA/DFM) techniques a plus.
Physical requirements/Work environment
- Both office and lab work will be required for the execution of this position's responsibilities. Lab work may include the use of power and hand tools.
- Ability to lift components weighing up to 35 lbs. is required.
Up to 10% domestic and international travel, including overnight, may be required.
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify.Job ID
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
Nuvera US Billerica, MAAddress
129 Concord Road Building 1Zip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
YesWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled