Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
The Lead Software Engineer supports MVW business lines globally. Develops technical specifications and software for MVW applications; providing end-to-end technical services to facilitate the effective delivery of optimal solutions that meets MVW business objectives. Responsible for developing software based on software development best practices, and DevOps capabilities. Provides oversight and ensures software developed by third party system integrators is compliant with MVW Technical Standards.
Partners with Enterprise Architecture, Middleware and DBA teams, Project Management/Delivery, Service Validation and Test, Operations and others in IT and the MVW Business teams to consistently deliver optimal solutions. Responsible for following the prescribed development processes, frameworks, methodologies, and tools. Existing systems architecture comprises of the MuleSoft, IBM's InfoSphere Integration Bus (IIB), J2EE applications using Spring framework, MQ, Oracle and SQL Server database and other technologies. Mentor junior developers and share knowledge with team members to ensure a well-trained and qualified staff.
Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Follows the processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages time across multiple work streams/projects, by understanding the priorities and objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Works with cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that impacts the projects. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging understanding of technology and the business objectives.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through participating in hiring process using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best individual contributors available from inside or outside.
- sets and maintains high standards for team and individual performance.
- provides timely coaching and feedback.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement process improvements.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader team goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Works with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Generic Candidate Profile
- Directs efforts and manages the complexities of large projects, business processes and/or client groups.
- Supports technical architects in performing research, analysis, and design of technical solutions to meet current and future user requirements
- Responsible for technical software design, development, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Leads efforts to implement technical solutions from the design specifications
- Responsible for application technical design, code and system implementation
- Provides input/expertise for project estimation, work plan development and staffing
- May supervise a work team, providing input to performance review, mentoring on technology
- Partners with third-party vendor on-shore and off-shore teams to ensure their work products comply with MVW technical standards
- Continuously keeps up-to-date with new technology and IT processes
- Contributes to MVW Best Practices Library by creating or enhancing standards
- Contributes to enhancing DevOps capabilities
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile Qualifications:Education
- BS/BA or technical certification or equivalent work experienceExperience
- 8 + years' work experience in similar position or having equivalent kind of skills experienceCore Competencies
- Experience in designing, developing server-side enterprise applications using Java/J2EE, HTML, XML, Springboot, SQL and similar technologies
- Strong emphasis on delivering simple, readable, traceable, maintainable and performant code using, application of patterns and data structures as appropriate to the application
- Solid understanding of transaction management (both local and XA), thread safety and thread management, database design and query optimization
- Competencies in various technologies including Spring, Spring Boot, Java EE/SE, Hibernate, JMS, XML, Maven, AWS, Splunk, Jenkins, etc.
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture including experience with developing Web Services (REST & SOAP) on an ESB platform
- Solid understanding and experience of waterfall and agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform environments.
- Ability to analyze, absorb, advocate, and apply rapidly changing technologies and apply them as part of integrated solutions to business requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of peer trust and confidence.
- Experience with common SDLC tools (GlassFish, Maven, Splunk, Jenkins etc.)
- Experience operating in a DevOps Model
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.