Organisations don't innovate, people do.
As part of our digital transformation business, you'll help clients unlock innovation, embrace the future and change communities for good.
And we'll help you stimulate new thinking, accelerate your career and connect you to projects that really matter.
Join our team of over 600 data scientists, design problem solvers, immersive digital consultants, project managers and innovators, all working to build positive change for generations to come.
Our Phoenix office is looking for an enthusiastic and eager recent college graduate or graduate level Geospatial Sciences student to fill a GIS Intern (part time as needed) position in our growing US Operations. The work term begins September or as soon as available and will continue on an as-needed basis. The work site will be in-office initially, and GHD will work with the selected applicant to find the best arrangement between in-office and remote work.
Working as a GIS Intern, you will participate in Civil, Municipal, and Environmental Engineering and Planning projects on activities pertaining to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Data Management. You will work closely with, and in support of, project managers, spatial scientists, professional engineers, planners, geologists, environmental scientists, and skilled technicians/technologists to coordinate and implement a wide variety of project solutions and goals.
- Preparation and delivery of GIS figures for environmental reporting and planning documents
- Prepare online digital maps and data for desktop review and public access
- Prepare mobile digital maps and data for field data collection
- Gather, compile, migrate and convert data sets for project needs from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. conversion between CADD and GIS)
- Evaluate data from multiple sources to determine the quality and ensure data is clean and accurate
- Possible field data collection of public assets within the right-of-way
Additional Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a Geospatial-focused academic degree or certificate program
- Experience with Esri ArcGIS Pro
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and/or Portal environment
- Experience in data conversion, data management, and GIS digitization and analysis
- Experience using python, arcade, VBScript, Jscript or SQL for minor formatting and query functions
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
Tackle some of the world's toughest challenges - with everyone at GHD backing you every step of the way. We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you build a lasting impact. See where your dedication could take you with GHD.
- Comfortable proficiency with Esri ArcGIS Pro
- Firm understanding of the definition, projection, and application of different coordinate systems for both vector and raster datasets in ArcGIS
- Comfortable proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Self-motivated while working independently
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, analytical and time management skills
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.