LTSS Service Coordinator-Clinician
Location: This is a field based position covering Burlington, Camden, Gloucester Counties.
Working under the direction/supervision of an RN, with overall responsibility for the member's case, as required by applicable state law and contract, contributes to the LTSS care coordination process by performing activities within the scope of licensure including, for example, assisting the responsible RN with telephonic or face-to-face assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Assists responsible RN in identifying members for high risk complications.
- Obtains clinical data as directed by the responsible RN.
- Assists the responsible RN in identifying members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- Provides all information collected to the responsible RN, who verifies and interprets the information, conducts additional assessments, as necessary, and develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs.
- Participates in coordinating care for members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities as directed by responsible RN, and in conjunction with the RN, member and the health care team, to ensure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Decision making skills will be based upon the current needs of the member and require an understanding of disease processes and terminology and the application of clinical guidelines but do not require nursing judgment.
- Requires an LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, or LMSW or license other than RN in accordance with applicable state law and Nursing Diploma or AS in Nursing or a related field and minimum of 2 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, LMSW or license other than RN (as allowed by state law) in applicable state(s) required.
- May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
- Travel required.
- MA/MS in Health/Nursing preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.