Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, finishing machines, and grinders, to machine parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read blue print and drawings.
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of machines per TPM program
- Knowledge of basic shop measuring techniques
- Capable of de-burring parts.
- Capable of operating CNC machines by the loading and unloading of machines.
- Capable of performing basic QC checks.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Conformance to production and administrative procedures.
- Enhancement of existing processes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School or GED
- 1 to 2 years previous machining operator experience preferred.
- Currently enrolled or graduated with a CNC certificate or diploma class.
Skills and Abilities
Due to the variety of tasks noted above, and in support of continuous improvement, skill requirements include, but are not limited to:
- TECHNICAL ABILITY - effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents, blueprints/schematics etc. Apply math skills appropriate for the assigned task
- ABILITY TO LEARN - assimilating and applying new, job related information in a timely manner
- ADAPTABILITY - maintaining effectiveness in changing environments, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- ABILITY TO WORK WITH OTHERS - cooperating with co-workers toward the successful accomplishment of the task assigned. Ability to accept and give constructive criticism
- INITIATIVE - actively attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively. Acting to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for; originating action
- CREATIVITY - actively utilizes problem solving skills to improve processes and procedures.
- ATTITUDE - maintain a positive attitude at work and focus on work
- Knowledge of SAP
- Skilled in the use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints to manufacture parts to engineering specifications.
- Basic Computer Skills
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.