Job ID: 479137
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
As an Oldcastle Machine Operator, you will operate manual and/or automated machinery in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing environment, perform preventive maintenance, set up production machinery and ensure proper machine performance, making a quality product for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Observe equipment operation and components, such as sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, conveyor belts, and photo eyes, to detect machine malfunction
- Read gauges, change settings, move levers, shift gears, and depress pedals to operate equipment
- Use touchpads and computerized equipment to program automated machinery
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Perform routine maintenance of production equipment to include lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- 3+ years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of safety principles, such as lock-out/tag-out
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time
- The employee is regularly required to lift and move up to 50lbs. Occasionally the employee may need to lift up to 65lbs, - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Mar 16, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Saginaw Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Temporary, Industrial, Machinist, Manufacturing, Contract