Job ID: 320481
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 250 operating locations and approximately 8,400 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and throughout Europe.
As an Oldcastle Machine Operator, you will operate manual and/or automated machinery in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing environment, perform preventive maintenance, set up production machinery and ensure proper machine performance, making a quality product for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Observe equipment operation and components, such as sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, conveyor belts, and photo eyes, to detect machine malfunction
- Read gauges, change settings, move levers, shift gears, and depress pedals to operate equipment
- Use touchpads and computerized equipment to program automated machinery
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Perform routine maintenance of production equipment to include lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- 3+ years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of safety principles, such as lock-out/tag-out
- Physical requirements include lifting at least 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Charlotte Nearest Secondary Market:
South Carolina Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Manufacturing
This job has expired.