ECS is seeking a Mainframe Developer/Analyst to work in our Memphis, TN office/Remotely.
Mainframe Developer/Analyst is responsible for analyzing, coding, testing, implementation, and support for various mainframe applications supporting data flows for our customer. Maintains and modifies existing programs as necessary to implement corrections, modifications, and/or enhancements to support the Address Technology Group.
Will need to be able to consult with supervisor, team members, and end users to gather program specifications including requirements, functionality, and features.
- Participate in on-call rotation after hours
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff to convey complex issues and resolutions to those issues
- Create Change Management documentation for code implementation in support of the customer policies/procedures
- Ability to work under high stress conditions and provide needed results when issues arise
- Ability to deal with constant change and competing task assignments by being able to prioritize task assignments
- Ability to demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve relatively complex problems, which requires a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- US Citizen and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or 8+ years equivalent experience
- IBM COBOL, MVS JCL, VSAM (5+ years)
- Experience providing programming/analysis for large data systems
- COBOL, TSO, JCL, and PROCs (5+ years)
- Understanding of Mainframe environment structure.
- Systems analysis/programming experience in all phases of the software life cycle (4+ years)
- 5+ years IBM Syncsort
- 3+ years CICS
- 3+ years DB2
- Experience in version control tools like ChangeMan and Endevor
- Expertise in Mainframe tools like TSO/ISPF and FileAid
- Experience, Java and LINUX a plus.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.