Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
Leads and directs the integrated facility maintenance and repair for the Nassau County Sewer System (South Shore STP, Cedar Creek WPCP, Glen Cove WPCP, 57 Sewer Lift Stations). Manage complex maintenance budget. Ensures the timely, accurate and cost-effective delivery of services including preventive and predictive maintenance; planned system overhauls; renewal, replacement, and on-demand corrective repair services. Updates and maintains project Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Develop risk and asset management technics to extend equipment life. Facilitates the design and implementation of equipment repair and replacement solutions using the services of technical company personnel, outside consultants and contractors. Promotes a safe work environment.
- Accountable for monitoring and managing established departmental budget
- Manage Maintenance staff including Supervisors and direct labor personnel.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
- Administers service contracts to assure compliance with job specifications and adherence to unit cost agreements
- Directs performance of in-house workforce and is responsible for performance management and ensuring adherence to Company and industry standards and compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines
- Oversees staff training and recruitment to ensure that the workforce is capable of operating and maintaining state-of-the-art wastewater treatment process and building support systems
- Develops annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the department
- Develop and manage key performance indicators (KPI) for the departments and explain any variances to those KPI's
- Manage and develop department financial forecast information.
- Directs the implementation of department safety training programs and assures workforce compliance with OSHA/NY OSHA job safety requirements
- Directs a comprehensive system-wide facilities preventative and predictive maintenance program
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that support the pursuit of department strategic goals and objectives and are consistent with overall policies ensuring the efficient and safe operation of the unit
- Ensure development and implementation of comprehensive overhaul programs for key treatment process equipment to minimize downtime and optimize potential for completion of maintenance activities during unplanned outages
- Ensures that the CMMS functions effectively and provides work order processing, planning and scheduling, spare parts / inventory management, monitoring and reporting for key performance indicators such as mean time between failure, equipment availability, workforce utilization, cost, turnaround time, backlog level and aging to support the predictive, preventative and on-demand repair programs
- Conducts maintainability review of new construction design documents to assure compliance with published standards and to ensure reasonable repair and overall access to building and mechanical systems
- Continuously surveys and assesses on-demand facility repair services; identifies shortcomings in responsiveness, quality of repairs and customer communications; takes prompt, positive action to maintain high levels of customer service
- Facilitates analysis of trends in large-scale maintenance and renewal programs; translates negative trends to annual renewal and capital proposals
- Manages personnel to operate all Sewer Lift Stations throughout the Sewer System.
- Participates in the "Emergency On-call" rotation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Position requires off hours availability to address emergencies and other critical responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related is required or a combination of education and experience to meet the necessary skill level of the position
- Valid NY driver's license is required and must meet risk management guidelines
Work Experience Needed:
- A minimum of five (5) years' work experience as a Maintenance Manager in a Wastewater Treatment plant experience preferred. Must have an extensive background in the maintenance of equipment similar to those found within Wastewater Treatment facilities.
- Must be proficient in personnel management, budgeting, cost control and report writing.
- CMMS experience - INFOR software preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years' work experience in asset and warehouse management.
- Proficient in the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track department performance.
Special Skills/Ability Needed:
- Familiarity and adherence to all environmental and safety compliance regulations
- Strong working knowledge of CMMS, including experience in CMMS implementation, development, and optimization of existing system.
- RCM (reliability-centered maintenance) and TPM (total productive maintenance) preferred.
- Excellent skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects and perform under pressure and deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively to foster a cooperative work environment with a wide range of constituencies including client, internal customers, the public, employees, etc.
- Must have employee development and performance management skills
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups
- Excellent knowledge of building and mechanical trades management principles methods and techniques
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings, and blueprints
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Knowledge of construction and service contract documents and specifications
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
- Proficient knowledge of Google and Microsoft platforms including Excel, Sheets, Gmail, PowerPoint
- Ability to develop, implement and enforce safety programs and protocols
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local codes and ordinance pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction and maintenance
- Knowledge and understanding of the design and implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance programs for building and mechanical systems
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise facility repair contractors and successfully integrate contract staff with in-house workforce
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex issues and develop creative, responsive solutions
- Experience in managing inventory in multiple Warehouses.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The job requires average physical effort including handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk, climb stairs or ladders; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to distinguish color, close vision, and distance vision.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The work environment is typically in an office environment but requires periodic inspection of the treatment facilities where the employee will also be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and an industrial plant environment which involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The work environment also involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent.