Job ID: 472284
Oldcastle Infrastructure™, a CRH company, is the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America. We're more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, or plastic products. We're a trusted and strategic partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and more than 4,000 employees, we're leading the industry with innovation and a safety-first mindset.
Established manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager. The ideal candidate will have a background in manufacturing maintenance, with some supervisor or managerial level experience. It is also equally important that this individual has a strong background in project management, strategic planning and a vision for continuous improvement of the department. The Maintenance Manager will report directly to the Plant Production Manager and will also work directly with upper management as well as working with other departments to implement company programs such as cost reductions, fire prevention, housekeeping, safety, energy conservation, environmental control, etc.
Specific Job Responsibilities to include
Works under the direction of the Production Manager in staffing, planning, scheduling, training and supervising, manage machines and materials in the department in order to secure the maximum efficiency of all plant equipment.
Required skills and qualifications
- Provide direct management leadership to Maintenance Technicians and Plant Electricians while establishing and maintaining good working relationships with employees.
- Track and evaluate individual maintenance department employee performance results.
- Provide support to maintenance technician training. Instructs and follows up the activities of inexperienced employees.
- Review progress and completion of work performed by subordinates in the department.
- Conduct routine employee performance reviews.
- Assign, schedule, and supervise maintenance resources as needed for necessary repairs to equipment, building and facilities including replacement and rebuilding of parts; all while working with production personnel to affect minimum interference with production.
- Plans and implements a preventative maintenance program for assigned areas.
- Implements installation of new equipment and facilities.
- Provide support as required to projects and project management within the manufacturing operations.
- Supervise, monitor, and control maintenance area parts and material usage. Determines spare parts and maintains inventories as required. Initiates orders for same.
- Designs, analyzes and recommends equipment purchases and improvements.
- Possesses general knowledge of plant electrical distribution system and power requirements. Ability to read and make proper electrical installations from blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Make complex wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings, and sketches.
- Provide accurate reports for labor usage and usage of maintenance repair materials.
- Teaches, advocates, and uses safe working practices and reports hazardous conditions at all times.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Experience with equipment and electronics such as: motors, drives, air compressors, chillers, grinders, water pumps, electrical, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- 5 years direct manufacturing maintenance experience, with at least 3 years as a manager or supervisor.
- Very strong project management, continuous improvement, and strategic planning experience.
- Direct experience maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- Direct involvement with Preventative Maintenance programs and safety systems such as LOTO.
What CRH Offers You
- Competitive Pay based on knowledge and experience
- Medical, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Sick, & Personal Time
- Disability Insurance
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Binghamton Job Segment:
Project Manager, Hydraulics, Maintenance, Electrical, Manager, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Management
This job has expired.